Eddard Lekal

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:33 am

Given his compounding, if he chooses to use it he has effectively near infinite of any storage. Fortunately he is rather unlikely to use huge amounts of it to start with.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:42 am

Yep, but the way the rules have structured it, it doesn't matter... you can only reduce dice, not gain them.

Perhaps a way to explain it is that in a Feru-Iron/Allo-Iron versus Feru-Iron situation, eventually the massive amounts of weight exceed the ability for Iron to mutually affect the two bodies? Or perhaps you're simply limited in the weight you can draw in such a situation by not wanting to sink into the Earth... :)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:47 am

Sorry, neither of those make sense to me.
Steel/iron are based directly on weight, if there *is* an upper limit (which I doubt) it is much much much higher than that. Take wax's destruction of the building near the end of alloy of law for example.

As for the other one, you would need to tap a lot more than 20 iron to start sinking into the earth.

Of course, either of them could tap 10's of iron to increase the outcome of their roll by 1 each. Do that enough and it's not going to matter that you didn't really get to roll.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:56 am

Aha! You're right! I'd forgotten about the 10=1 outcome bit! In that case it makes perfect sense. Whew!

lord_Ffnord wrote:Sorry, neither of those make sense to me.

I know. They weren't intended to be perfect answers, merely my attempt to explain the lock down that occurs in such a situation (a situation averted by your +Outcome observation, which I had missed).
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah, we had to be missing something =)

So Gil. I'm going to roll once for troops. Then I'll roll for armour +whatever else depending on rolls..

So what armour do you want to try for.
leather is diff 2
chain is diff 3
plate is diff 4
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Gil-galad » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:04 am

Go plate sry it's going to be difficult bu The Lord ruler has no where as near as much iron as me
Gil-galad

Postby Claincy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 am

Ok, I'll try. Just need to finalize my props still because if I want plate as well it's going to cost an extra prop. I spose I could drop the spear but I don't want to :P I suppose I don't really need 2 pewter vials, chances are we won't last the minute and a half it would take me to go through 1 flaring, let alone half an hour if I don't.

Beyond that, I have very little use for action dice over 10 so I have very little use for flaring it and given my physique of 6 + pewter of 7 I reckon Eddard could still move reasonably fast in plate armour =)

Edit: ..yeah, I think I just convinced myself.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Previous

Return to Character Sheets