Ideas for Match 2

Postby Kadrok » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:01 am

So I've already been thinking about match 2, and I'm going to go with an alternate timeline Ser. Originally for powers I was going to go with:

MIGHTY POWERS: Rating 5 Hemalurgic Spike and a STRONG power
BONUS STRONG: Steel Misting 7 and 2 Stunts

But then I thought of:

MIGHTY POWERS: Rating 5 Hemalurgic Spike and a STRONG POWER
BONUS STRONG: Rating 4 Hemalurgic Spike and an AVERAGE POWER
BONUS AVERAGE: Steel Misting 5 and 1 Stunt.
3:D

Spikes wise I was thinking Iron Feruchemy (to buff Steel attacks and so on) and either Gold or Zinc Feruchemy or Electrum Allomancy (because defence is good).

Thoughts?

Theoretically I could chain it further, giving myself a rating 3 spike and taking a weak power, but weak powers are pretty weak... 4 rating Allomancy with no stunts... and I'm thinking that it would have been better in that situation to have taken Mistborn or Feruchemist on either Strong or Average if I wanted that many powers spread thin. The exception in weak powers is the rating-less spike, or stacking ratings with one of the earlier spikes, which I will discuss now...

MIGHTY POWERS: Gold Spike (Rating 5 Gold Feruchemy)
BONUS STRONG: Steel Spike (Rating 4 Pewter Allomancy)
BONUS AVERAGE: Pewter Spike (Rating 3 Pewter Feruchemy)
BONUS WEAK: Iron Spike (+2 dice to physique rolls)

Set physique to 6. aPewter takes it to 10. Iron Spike takes it to 12. fPewter (Or fSteel if you prefer) gives you Nudges of death, or more dice if you shell out dice for defence. fGold makes you hard to kill. Meet the Hemalurgic Abomination.

OR;

MIGHTY POWERS: Gold Spike (Rating 5 Gold Feruchemy)
BONUS STRONG: Steel Spike (Rating 4 Pewter Allomancy)
BONUS AVERAGE: Pewter Spike (Rating 3 Pewter Feruchemy)
BONUS WEAK: Rating 4 Pewter Allomancy (Advanced to 8 with the Strong Spike... but no stunts)

Set physique to 6. aPewter takes it to 14. fPewter (Or fSteel if you prefer) gives you Nudges of death, or more dice if you shell out dice for defence. fGold makes you hard to kill. Meet the Improved Hemalurgic Abomination.

Please note that Spirit will be an issue with these creations.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 am

Actually I had already mentioned a similar thought regarding Haemalurgy use. If I had thought of it earlier than I did I probably would have made Eddard have 1 5-spike in fgold, a 4 spike in fZinc and an average thug with rating 5 and denser tissues. Essentially trading the extra 1 damage reduction, and a couple of dice (that I will never get to use anyway) for fgold. Would have made Eddard, much stronger.

If you went your "nudges of death" route you would want high resources so you could have large, large reserves to tap on.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 am

Ah, I must have missed that. Great minds think alike I suppose.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:44 am

Pretty much I guess. :D
*shrug* beyond the usage of multiple spikes here our ideas are fairly different =)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:59 am

Speaking of Match 2, I'm thinking it might be wise to pack someone who can burn Chromium this time. :)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Hmm... kinda want to try a battle kandra.
PhantomMonstrosity

Postby Kadrok » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Mighty Kandra get Mimicry 9, one Blessing and three Stunts. The only problem is as soon as Rashek realizes you're a Kandra, he's going to Brass-control you, and with the kinds of nudges he gets he's going to pretty much get a Battle-Kandra slave for the rest of the battle.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Well, since we're using the villain/extra rules, "if you want to go with another set of Powers, just add them and choose the closest similar option here for the purposes of determining threat in Step 7". Just drop mimicry down to 2 or 3, and suddenly I have the spare advancements to afford some extra protective spikes.

In principle, wasn't there some WoB about being able to use allomantic spikes in kandra for blessings? If I could trade 15 advancements worth of blessing in for some other spike type... now we're cooking with gas. And it kinda makes sense for the kandra to try to develop one of their own with built-in copper.
PhantomMonstrosity

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 pm

There were some words of Brandon to that effect, and they amounted to something like "Yes it's theoretically possible, but Harmony is the only one who knows how to make it happen."

oh wait, did a quick search, and here is the exact quote:

NINJAMETIMBERS
What would happen if you gave it a spike imbued with steel allomancy? I'm assuming that wouldn't be enough to grant it sentience but could it then use steel powers? Can you give allomantic powers to a kandra?
BRANDON SANDERSON
Hemalurgy can give allomantic powers to a kandra. The process to do so is not known to anyone but Harmony.

So for our purposes it's not really plausible. HOWEVER, giving the Kandra the Blessing of Stability would help with it, as well as having a smoker on the team with the Extended Mental Protection stunt. In fact, the smoker is a good idea anyway. I went pretty easy with TLR's soothing powers in the first match, there is no guarantee that whoever narrates Match 2 will be as lenient.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:12 pm

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a quote that said 'Ironeyes *could* have been a kandra, but no he's actually Marsh'.

Which gives precedent for kandra being able to have inquisitor-level spikebling.
PhantomMonstrosity

Next

Return to Planning