Aluminum and Hemalurgy

A place to do whatever, out of character.
Mac

Aluminum and Hemalurgy

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:02 pm

To clarify, I'm talking about in the books, not the rules in the game. I assume there are no rules regarding this in the game.

How do you think aluminum interacts with hemalurgy? I don't mean, aluminum spikes. I mean like how you can't Push on aluminum or how it blocks Seeking, or how bloodmakers can't heal wounds with aluminum in them.

Let's say a kandra was shot in the head with an aluminum bullet. We know it wouldn't kill them, but if they had the Blessing of Awareness, would it interfere with their senses? Would their sight and hearing not be unnaturally enhanced while aluminum was so close to their ears and eyes?

How does a koloss even work? Can a spike or two be removed or would they die like an inquisitor when you remove the linchpin?Does aluminum in the body disrupt whatever is keeping their spiritweb patched together? What, specifically, is even happening realmatically that kills an Inquisitor when the linchpin is removed? If an aluminum bullet is lodged too close to one of a koloss's spikes, is it possible it would cut off the interaction with the other spikes and cripple or kill the koloss?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Aluminum and Hemalurgy

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:59 pm

This pretty much sums it up:
Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Zath

Re: Aluminum and Hemalurgy

Post by Zath » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:07 pm

Mac wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:02 pm
Let's say a kandra was shot in the head with an aluminum bullet. We know it wouldn't kill them, but if they had the Blessing of Awareness, would it interfere with their senses? Would their sight and hearing not be unnaturally enhanced while aluminum was so close to their ears and eyes?
I would say yes, but that's only a guess. And perhaps only if the bullet was lodged near enough to one of the Blessing spikes, rather than the eyes. (I mean, having a bullet in their face would probably affect the kandra's eyesight and hearing and whatnot, but that's more due to the fact that there's a bullet in their face rather than that the bullet is aluminum :P )
Mac wrote:
How does a koloss even work? Can a spike or two be removed or would they die like an inquisitor when you remove the linchpin?
Again, just a guess, but I suspect that removing more than one spike would insta-kill a koloss. The transformation from human to koloss is extreme (and rapid), and the new form is probably only biologically viable because of the added strength and endurance granted by the spikes. I'd say there's a small chance that a koloss could survive the removal of one spike, but even then its life span would be drastically reduced. Remove more than one spike, and I'd think its heart would give out instantly, regardless of whether or not that would cause a fatal alteration of its spiritweb or whatever. So around spike #2 or 3 it'd prob'bly be equivalent to removing an Inquisitor's linchpin spike, but the koloss would be dead anyways at that point.
Mac wrote:
Does aluminum in the body disrupt whatever is keeping their spiritweb patched together?
Prooooooobably...? No idea, but I'd guess yes, depending on where the aluminum is. And perhaps depending on the Intent of the one placing the aluminum. Brandon likes Intent.
Mac wrote:
What, specifically, is even happening realmatically that kills an Inquisitor when the linchpin is removed?
(See Hero's post above)
_insert pseudo-biology mashed together with Realmatic Theory here, sprinkled with references to chakras just for the heck of it_
Mac wrote:
If an aluminum bullet is lodged too close to one of a koloss's spikes, is it possible it would cut off the interaction with the other spikes and cripple or kill the koloss?
Again, my guess is yes if the placement is just right, and if the bullet is large enough, etc, etc.

Return to “General”