Bands of Mourning Chat *Spoilers for all chapters so far*

A place to do whatever, out of character.
PhantomMonstrosity

Re: Bands of Mourning Chat *Spoilers for all chapters so far

Post by PhantomMonstrosity » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Kadrok wrote:I think the years match our years. Spook was very long lived. Perhaps Sazed extended his lifespan when he remade everyone...
The years matched our years back in Mistborn: The Final Empire.

But that was when the planet was a lot closer to the sun.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:55 am

The more I reread the Lord Ruler's death, the more I can't wait for 'Mistborn: Secret History' and 'Bands of Mourning'. Because it doesn't add up. It's as if the Lord Ruler lost all his powers when he lost his bracers. His push against Vin stops as soon as the bracers come off, as if he can no longer burn Steel, and he goes for the bracers the the way a mortal would.

Even assuming he hadn't stored anything in his other jewelry, explaining why he didn't tap Steel and run to the bracers, and even assuming the bracers were too invested for him to pull them to himself (but not for Vin to push them), he could still have used Pewter to move more quickly and steadily.

Keeping in mind that his body was only Middle Aged by the time Vin pushes the bracers off the edge.

EDIT: Actually, I decided to post this over at 17S in the BoM board. I didn't claim credit for thinking of this because I have a nagging feeling one of you floated this idea before me.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:04 am

Chapter 6.

the roughs have lions.

Hemalurgic creations- still too difficult to be worth experimenting with.

Spook advocated that elderly and terminally-ill metalborn offer themselves up to be made into spikes. Huh. I sense an adventure idea and/or a character idea is imminent, likely from the direction of Kadrok. ;)

And cliffhanger! Now we have to wait 8 more days to find out what happens!?
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:25 am

Herowannabe wrote:Spook advocated that elderly and terminally-ill metalborn offer themselves up to be made into spikes. Huh. I sense an adventure idea and/or a character idea is imminent, likely from the direction of Kadrok. ;)
Playing as a terminally ill Metalborn looking to become as strong as possible before they die so they can leave a powerful spike does sound like an interesting concept. ;)
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Or as a rioter/soother who found out about Spook's suggestion and takes it upon himself to start implementing it, using his Allomancy to help persuade people to sacrifice themselves. 3:D
PhantomMonstrosity

Post by PhantomMonstrosity » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 pm

Given the unusual realmatic physiology of kandra, I'm about 90% sure ReLuur is looking into the cognitive realm.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:56 am

@10 can’t really say too much due to constraints, but there are clues to Trell’s homeworld in the original Mistborn trilogy. Take a look at the themes in Trelagism, as Sazed teaches, and consider them in the context of the other worlds we know of.

(Of course, the transformation into Trellism and subsequent change in belief system raises questions that, hopefully, we’ll get answered in Bands.)
This was a comment by someone on the Tor Site. Thoughts?
PhantomMonstrosity

Post by PhantomMonstrosity » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 am

Kadrok wrote:
@10 can’t really say too much due to constraints, but there are clues to Trell’s homeworld in the original Mistborn trilogy. Take a look at the themes in Trelagism, as Sazed teaches, and consider them in the context of the other worlds we know of.

(Of course, the transformation into Trellism and subsequent change in belief system raises questions that, hopefully, we’ll get answered in Bands.)
This was a comment by someone on the Tor Site. Thoughts?
Only thing I can think of as relevant to darkness vs light is Aether of Night?

Unless this is some 'lots of splinters are way better than one big shard' belief.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 am

Did anyone read the Amazon spoilers? I didn't so please don't spoil anything here. I'm just wondering because there is a question that is driving me mad and I was wondering if anyone here could answer it?

I guess I can technically wait till Thursday, but man it's hard.
PhantomMonstrosity

Post by PhantomMonstrosity » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 pm

No, I didn't.

I'll have to leave steel ministry for a while since I want to read BoM on the plane saturday

Stay strong :p

Return to “General”