Site upgrades, Patching, and update from the Webmaster

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby tecslicer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 pm

OK! So I've been out of touch for the last few (6 -8) months. I've recently changed shifts at my day-job, and taken on a position as a part time Youth Pastor (For those not in the know, that means I get paid and worked like an Intern, but get to but on my Resume that I'm a Jr. Partner;.)

Well I've heard tell that there might be some problems with hackers attacking the site, so I'm here to defend it and update the site and it's moduals! Right now I'm combing the code for any irregularities, backing up the site and then I'll be updating it to the newest version of this branch of PHPBB3. So, if the site is slow or not working at all, just wait a bit, and it should be ok then. If it goes totally kaput you can contact me at Jason@theyouthman.com, but I probably already know.

Also, I'm gonna try to come back to GM my School of Hard Knocks game. If anybody that started playing it is interested do drop me a PM. we were just getting to the good bits...
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:03 pm

Thanks for being on top of this. :)
PhantomMonstrosity

Postby Kurkistan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:48 pm

Hey Tec,

Thanks for jumping back in to protect us from the vile hackers. Glad to hear that you're still doing well IRL.

SHK might have been too long on ice at this point, though I'd be interested in at least exploring the possibility.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 pm

The King is alive! Long live the King!

Also...

tecslicer wrote:Also, I'm gonna try to come back to GM my School of Hard Knocks game. If anybody that started playing it is interested do drop me a PM. we were just getting to the good bits...

I'll say! Have you read Secret History yet?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

I just got it, but I'm only a few chapters in so far. Just crazy amazing! But Bands of Mourning has me all excited.and I'm still working through the Skaa sourcebook! Ashes!! That man can write!
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:10 pm

I know, right? But seeing

SH Spoilers
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Scadrian Shadesmar was amazing! And useful for Saolin.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:22 pm

OHHHH you know it!!!

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
BTW Do we know what that sun-like thing in the sky is yet? Or is it just the spiritual ideal of the sun?
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby PhantomMonstrosity » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Unless something super weird is going on, I think you fixed it.

I currently see this code. I think Sedoparking is still sorta bad and all, but it isn't the end of the world.

I used to see this shit
PhantomMonstrosity

Return to General