Mistborn Era 2 Calendar - as far as canon goes and beyond.

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby Sir Jerric » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 pm

I've made an attempt to construct the calendar of Mistborn Era 2, based on the limited information available. Perhaps this will be useful for adding unnecessary details to your games. 3:D

There are twelve months, seven days in a week, and about 365 days in a year. -- Official FAQ
Doxil is six or seven months before Cladence. -- This is the difference between the broadsheet dates in SoS and BoM.
"The 17th of Hammondar, 341" is the date of the Allomancer Jak collection the Alloy of Law supplement.
Vinuarch might be six months before Doxil. -- I haven't located this reference.
The Elendel Daily is dated "The 4th of Doxil, 341" -- This is the second day of Alloy of Law.
The House Record is dated "1st of Doxil, 342" -- This appears to be the day after the Marksman incident.
The New Ascendancy is dated "8th of Cladence 342" -- This is the date of Wax's arrival in New Seran.

Open questions for greater precision: How long does SoS cover? How long is the beginning of BoM (before New Seran)?

Months (* marks canon names; all placements are assumptions)

- Kelsarch
- Maresil
* Doxil
- Marshek
* Hammondar
- Sazarch
- Ladriance
- Elendar
* Vinuarch
* Cladence
- Lestibar
- Tindwyce

Days of the week (Totally non-canon)

- Lerasday
- Pathsday
- Sliversday
- Vivorsday
- Ireday
- Atisday
- Yonday
Sir Jerric

Postby Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:00 am

Aw, you put Elendar and Vinuarch next to each other.

I'm not crying you're crying...
Mac

Postby Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am

I seeded the calendar by the order of people joining Kelsier's crew, but that fell apart a bit as I moved them to fit with the canon timings.

Now that I think about it, I need to add some seasonal information to this too. Anyone have some references for that? (I will read the books again eventually, but it happens sooner if someone remembers.)
Sir Jerric

Postby cometaryorbit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:47 am

There are very few seasonal references in SoS and BoM (I have AoL in paperback, so can't search it directly). I've searched for 'spring', 'summer', 'fall', 'autumn', 'winter', 'season' in both books and found almost nothing relevant - a reference to "the governor's spring dinner", and Mareweather is apparently a holiday in the summer (Edwarn mocking Wax - "If that day doesn't come before next summer, you should join me for Mareweather dinner.")
cometaryorbit

Return to General