Kialo

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby Mac » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:02 am

There's a website being advertised called Kialo. It claims to be a forum centering on clear and intelligent debate.

Here's the link to my first debate. I think it's the first cosmere debate on Kialo.

While I'm intrigued by the idea there seem to be a few concerns. I'm not sure that there's a way around that.

1. You need to create an account to post. Pretty standard and not especially arduous.
2. The structure is a little restricted. Whoever starts the debate has two options: Post one thesis which people then support or attack, or post a limited number of options and people can support/attack any one of them. There doesn't seem to be a way to post, "This happened, what are your thoughts?" or for someone joining the conversation to post a new thesis on the subject. Dunno how restrictive I'll eventually find that.

Anyway. The idea of it intrigues me enough for me to give it a shot. Hopefully at least a few people on this site are curious enough to increase the sample size. If anyone starts a debate of their own, I hope you will consider inviting me.
Mac

Return to General