Don't Starve Together

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby Kadrok » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 am

Does anyone else play DST over Steam?

I main Wickerbottom.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 am

I almost understood some of the things you said. :?

J/k I gather that DST is a game played on Steam, but I’ve never heard about it. What’s it like?
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am

I have it but I haven't really played it yet. (I've played Don't Starve a small amount but not mp.)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:27 am

I tried playing once and just had horrible luck. I don't know the game well and don't recall what it was, but there's some resource or type of land or something you're supposed to find pretty quickly, and I walked for over an hour and never saw it. My friend who convinced me to give it a try watched me and said afterwards, okay yeah you were supposed to find this thing and I've literally never seen someone go this long and just never find any. I couldn't build fires. I just spent all night running from monsters. Once I tried to just stand there with a torch, but I was in a forest and didn't realize the trees were oiled-rags flammable. I managed to survive being caught in the initial conflagration, and literally spent the rest of the night following the wildfire as it spread across the entire forest, just so the light would keep away monsters.

My friend forbade me to ever play again.
Mac

Postby Kadrok » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Herowannabe wrote:I almost understood some of the things you said. :?
Oooops, I said DST instead of Don't Starve Together.

Yeah, Don't Starve is punishingly hard. But you can set Don't Starve Together to allow infinite respawns, and rollback the server to earlier states, so I'm on a 600 day game thanks to save-scumming :D I was sick of starting at the beginning, I wanted to see what else the game had to offer.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Return to General