No! You're a Thiru [SPOILERS]ish

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby tecslicer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 pm

I'm 1/5 of the way through the book, so I don't want to join the other spoiler threads, but I do want to write down some of my thoughts as they happen so I don't forget them by the end. (Prolly after Thanksgiving for me)
So far:

"Brandon is really good at Stargate: Atlantis Fanfic"

"The Radiants can be Voltron"

"The Radiants WILL be Voltron, and will face the champion who is also a dark Voltron...."
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 am

Oh snap! he killed Eshonai

I do love Rock

Seems like horneaters might have Listener blood. Maybe everybody might have gemhearts to one degree...
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm

"Humans don't have gemhearts..." Well thats that theory... unless is it an in-world lie...

Oh snap! He just killed Elhokar

Somebody needs to be attacked remotely by a spanreed.

Eshonai might come back and possess her sister! She is the right sister!
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby tecslicer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:26 pm

Well I'm done now, but a few last thoughts that I had over the last half.

(right after ?I heard about perfect gems)
"They could trap the unmade in the perfect gems!" (Theory validated!)

"Someone needs to be assassinated remotely by a spanreed."

"Brandon writes really good Wheel of Time fanfic!"

"Dalinar needs to visit the Origin, to re-unite Honor."

Dalinar needs to unite the Parshman and the humans to destroy Odium."
tecslicer
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

Finished reading yesterday.

Some serious spoilers ahead, so I’ll drop this in an OOC box just in case. Do not read until you’ve finished the book.
Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Things I called:

Odium’s champion = Dalinar

Renarin being bonded to a voidspren. I was supicious of Renarin all the way back in part 1 (possibly back in Words of Radiance. I don’t remember when my suspicion started), when it kept not giving us any Renarin viewpoints. I knew something was up with that guy.

That something was up with the “can you see me?” madman. He makes a brief appearance in one of the flashback scenes to the night of Elhokar’s death, so as soon as he showed again I knew something was up. It didn’t occur to me that he was a Herald, though it probably should have.

I knew back in Way of Kings that what’s-the-country’s-name’s God-emperor was a Herald, though that’s probably not a surprise to anyone.

Azure=Vivenna. Yeah, it wasn’t kept very secret for very long, but I picked up on it near the beginning. As soon as we found out she was a woman, with the name “Azure” and a small shardblade that couldn’t be dismissed, I was all, “It’s totally Vivenna.”

Things I didn’t call:
Humans were the voidbringers. Mind=asplode. Totally makes sense though. I mean, hello? Dawnchant? Obviously of listener origin.

Dalinar resisting becoming Odium’s champion. Totally thought he was going to give in and this book was going to have an Empire Strikes Back sort of ending, where everything goes wrong and the heroes simply surviving is their only real victory.

Alternatively, I thought Dalinar was going to die. I really felt like his character arc was building up to end.

Totally thought Shallan- as Veil- was going to have an affair with Kaladin right before her wedding. It seemed like the sort of difficult character plot-twist that Brandon would throw at us.

Predictions that haven’t been resolved yet:

Timber, Venli’s spren (and by the way, if I misspell names, it’s becausd I listen to the audiobooks. If you forgive me for misspelling names, I’ll forgive you for mispronouncing them ;) ) is either Eshonai or Venli’s mate (I forget his name). Probably Eshonai, since she is female.

Adoring is going to be the first to figure out how to revive a dead-Spren and forge a new bond with her. This one is all but guaranteed at this point, but I stared suspecting it back near the beginning of oathbringer, just by the way Adolin treats his shardblade (talking to it and respecting it).

Things that were awesome:

Azure. Oh my Stormfather, Azure. Warbreaker is actually my favorite single novel from Brandon, and I have been dying for some Warbreaker sequel/short-story/whatever content for ages, and had pretty much resigned myself to the occasional cameo in Stormlight Archive. So getting to see her and Nightblood have such prominent roles was awesome, as was all the other little Warbrekaer cameos. I still wish for a proper Warbreaker sequel or short story sometime, where Brandon doesn’t have to dance around topics and drop not-so-subtle hints about awakening.

The Epilogue: seriously, such great respect for Hoid now.

Dalinar being forgiven by Evi. I nearly bawled. :cry:

And actually, Dalinar’s whole character arc in this book, with his backstory and the decisions he had to make and personal demons to overcome. It connected in a way with me that Kaladin and Shallans’ backstories never did (and that’s saying something, because I’ve had depression so I have an idea of what it’s like for Kaladin). I feel like I really know and understand Dalinar now.

Anyway, that’s all for now.

Also, your MOM’s a thiru! :P
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Do we really need to spoiler tag stuff? I feel like people should just know not to read this thread if they haven't.

Ico, the Lightspren (or Reacher), has a deadeye father and a daughter he says ran off and disobeyed him. Timbre seems to be the Nahel spren of an unknown Order, which means Bondsmith, Stoneward, or Willshaper. She mentions that the humans did something terrible to her grandfather.

On balance I think it's being strongly implied that she is a Reacher.
Mac

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:38 am

Mac wrote:Do we really need to spoiler tag stuff?

No, we don’t. I only did because the stuff I was talking about included some really big spoilers, and Tecslicer tagged this thread “spoilerish.” It was just an extra precaution, just in case.

Mac wrote:Ico, the Lightspren (or Reacher), has a deadeye father and a daughter he says ran off and disobeyed him. Timbre seems to be the Nahel spren of an unknown Order, which means Bondsmith, Stoneward, or Willshaper. She mentions that the humans did something terrible to her grandfather.

On balance I think it's being strongly implied that she is a Reacher.

Good catch. Yes, that sounds pretty likely.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Return to General