Forthcoming Update

A place to do whatever, out of character.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Forthcoming Update

Post by Claincy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 am

Ignore this post.
Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Just testing things with the updated style.
http://www.google.com
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am

How hard would it be to fiddle with the “thank” feature? It would be fun to replaced “thanked” with “spiked” and change the thumbs up icon to a little spike gif (I’d be happy to whip one up. In fact, I should do that anyway...). 3:D
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 am

Herowannabe wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:55 am
How hard would it be to fiddle with the “thank” feature? It would be fun to replaced “thanked” with “spiked” and change the thumbs up icon to a little spike gif (I’d be happy to whip one up. In fact, I should do that anyway...). 3:D
Might not be *too* hard, I can take a look at some point (though not this week.)

I'm happy at this point to call the site update "Done" with only a few fairly minor adjustments still to be made :D
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:33 am

Using this post to test smilies.
EDIT: Okay, I've tweaked a bunch of things with the smilies. Several less-useful smilies like :blank: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: and :mrgreen: have been moved to the "View more smilies" section. I also rearranged the layout and grouped all of our custom smilies near the end. And lastly, I tweaked a bunch of the shortcuts for the new smilies. If you find any dead shortcuts in old posts, let me know and I can fix them (EDIT2: except for the Koloss smileys. The old code for them was Koloss:( and Koloss:\, which seemed like they could be problematic, so I changed them).

If there is anything that anyone doesn't like about any of the above, just say so!

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock:
:? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops:
:cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :| :whistle:
:geek: :ugeek: :kandra: :skull: :terris: :obligator:
3:D 3:( }:( }:/ :push:
Zath

Post by Zath » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:31 pm

The updated site looks great! (including the smilies ;) ) Well done! :D
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:47 pm

testing an updated steelpush with a hand that launches the coin. The idea is that you would post this after a regular smiley so that it looks like it's holding up a coin and then steel-pushing it away.

I'm mostly happy with it, but I feel like I might need to make the hand bigger or the coin smaller...
3:D
steelpushhand.gif
steelpushhand.gif (1.39 KiB) Viewed 227 times
smaller coin:
steelpushhand2.gif
steelpushhand2.gif (1.16 KiB) Viewed 226 times
bigger hand:
steelpushhand3.gif
steelpushhand3.gif (1.62 KiB) Viewed 226 times
I think I like the bigger hand version the best.
Attachments
steelpushhand.gif
steelpushhand.gif (1.39 KiB) Viewed 229 times
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 am

Issue Report:

I'm seeing some odd sluggishness in scrolling around using the Chrome desktop browser. Slight lag between trying to scroll and the scroll actually happening. Nothing functional beyond that, but it's off-putting. A quick test in IE shows the IE's fine.

EDIT:
Second issue:
The "X has been thanked..." styling is off, it looks like it's just part of the post text.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:43 am

Kurkistan wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 am
Issue Report:

I'm seeing some odd sluggishness in scrolling around using the Chrome desktop browser. Slight lag between trying to scroll and the scroll actually happening. Nothing functional beyond that, but it's off-putting. A quick test in IE shows the IE's fine.

EDIT:
Second issue:
The "X has been thanked..." styling is off, it looks like it's just part of the post text.
Thanks Kurk.

I don't think there's anything I can do about the sluggishness with my current knowhow/available energy :( Tec might have some ideas but I've got nothing on that.

I'm probably just being thick but I'm not 100% sure which thanks text you're referring to. Could you specify exactly which thanks part needs addressing, any suggestions you have and post a screenshot of it?
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:22 pm

I just "thanked" you for the post you just made. Note how the text "These users thanked the author Claincy for the post: Kurkistan" is pretty easy to mistake as part of your post.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:19 am

Kurkistan wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:22 pm
I just "thanked" you for the post you just made. Note how the text "These users thanked the author Claincy for the post: Kurkistan" is pretty easy to mistake as part of your post.
Thanks Kurk, sorry for the extended delay in responding, I've had very little energy spare :(

I've darkened the dashed line. Do you think that makes enough of a difference?

Another option could be making the dashed line the same orange used elsewhere on the site, though that might be overkill, not sure. (I could also easily just darken the line further.) Orange would look like this:
orange notice border.PNG
orange notice border.PNG (101.86 KiB) Viewed 73 times
Any thoughts or other ideas? :)

Return to “General”