Feruchemy Stunts

A place to do whatever, out of character.
Skullduggery

Feruchemy Stunts

Post by Skullduggery » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:41 am

We need more of them

Here is one

Regenerativr Durability: AS long AS you are tapping Gold small wounds heals quicker than you get them. This ik game terms means a Armor reduction of 1
Zath

Re: Feruchemy Stunts

Post by Zath » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Skullduggery wrote: Regenerative Durability: AS long AS you are tapping Gold small wounds heal quicker than you get them. This in game terms means an Armor reduction of 1
fGold is already powerful. Adding this Stunt would make it WAY overpowered. I would make it so that a character with this Stunt would only be able to use it if he/she wasn't tapping Gold for any other effect. I would also make it exclusively a Compounding Stunt. So:

Regenerative Durability (Compounding) Stunt: By spending 30 Compounded charges of Gold, you may reduce the damage you receive by 1 from successful physical attacks made against you. This effect lasts for one Beat or one minute, whichever is shorter. If you use this Stunt, you lose any other current benefits of Gold (e.g. boosted Health, increased healing rate), and you may not tap or burn Gold for any other purpose until the next Beat. You may not use this Stunt if you have already tapped or burned Gold in the current Beat.

Even then, I might not allow this Stunt if I was Narrator.

I'm not sure we need too many additional Feruchemy Stunts. The AoL Shot Stunts and the Tapping 10 or More Charges section for each metal covers most of the cool things you can do with each metal. Still, it is kinda fun to come up with this stuff, isn't it? :)
Gargoyle

Post by Gargoyle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Zath wrote:The AoL Shot Stunts and the Tapping 10 or More Charges section for each metal covers most of the cool things you can do with each metal.
My good sir...
(Though, tbf there is quite a bit of variety of what you can do without stunts, so...I guess you're sort of right :-P)
In all honesty, though, I feel like I'd stick to just using my fGold to heal myself, it's painful enough to store without trying to use it for something else :-P
Could just be me, though, haven't really studied the whole thing out
Zath

Post by Zath » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
Zath wrote:The AoL Shot Stunts and the Tapping 10 or More Charges section for each metal covers most of the cool things you can do with each metal.
My good sir...
Well, true, in game mechanic terms, most Feruchemical metals have a fairly limited effect: add a die/dice to certain actions, add a "free" Nudge, increase Outcome, and that's about it.

What I meant above was that if a player wanted to achieve a special game effect with Feruchemy that wasn't covered in the RAW (and if it was plausible), then I would just say, "Okay, that will require you to tap 10+ charges of such-and-such metal."

There is a dearth of Feruchemical Stunts that could be used by tapping less than 10 charges, though. So I can see your point.
Gargoyle wrote:In all honesty, though, I feel like I'd stick to just using my fGold to heal myself, it's painful enough to store without trying to use it for something else
I agree, which is partially why I wouldn't allow even my modified version of the Stunt in a game. Actually, I'm not too happy with my solution, but I can't really think of good way to balance a damage-absorption effect with fGold's normal effects. :|

Anyways! Feruchemical Stunts... Hmm... I'll probably be posting some ideas in this thread sometime soon. ;)
Skullduggery

Post by Skullduggery » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:25 am

It exist a superpower that is called regenerative durability
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 am

Yeah, I have to be honest, I don’t like either of the fGold stunts proposed so far. The first because, as was pointed out, fGold is already incredibly powerful, even if you use the toned-down house rule version that I like to use. The second because 99% of the time it’s strictly worse than tapping/compounding 30 charges of gold for its normal effect. If I preemptively tap 30 charges of gold I can heal 2 points of damage and recover from a serious burden as I receive them. The only times this stunt would ever be beneficial is if you’re taking more than 3 wounds in one round or if the point of damage you prevents happens to be the one point of damage that makes the difference between a grave burden and a serious burden.

Personally I really don’t feel like feruchemy needs more stunts. It’s already so versatile and powerful to begin with.

Return to “General”