A get to know you thread

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby Mac » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 am

What IS it?
Mac

Postby Kadrok » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:02 pm

An Australian comedy cooking show starring two women: a foodie, and an alcoholic who is intolerant to most foods.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mwagner626 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Hey everyone!

Just recently got pointed to Sanderson's Mistborn series and I've just finished the last Allot of Law book and the Secret History. I absolutely love the setting and Sanderson is a brilliant author. Then I found the adventure game and this site and I'm excited about the possibilities.

I am 28 years old and a Math Teacher in Arkansas though I'm originally from Indiana. I've been reading fantasy and scifi since I was a kid and been playing pen and paper RPGs for a long time. Cut my teeth on Wizards Star Wars and DnD 3.5. In college I played a lot of WOD and WFRPG. More recently I've dabbled in FFGs Star Wars with some old friends over Skype and even more recently I've come across MAG. I've also been a fan of board games like Arkham horror and miniature games like X-Wing and Armada.

I'm excited to get to play some MAG here and I think PBP will be perfect for my schedule. I would love to play Alloy of Law but am down for either setting.
Mwagner626

Postby Herowannabe » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:39 pm

Welcome Mwagner! (Mwag? 626? Gner? What can we call you for short? ;))

I'm a big fan of X-Wing and Armada as well. Are you on the FFG forums at all? Chase me down if you are. Same user name. :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mwagner626 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Wagner or wags is the usual. Either works. Yeah I hover in the background at the FFG forums same usernmae for me too.
Mwagner626

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:34 pm

What sort of character do you think you'd play in Alloy? Compounder? Koloss-blood? Unpowered?
Mac

Postby Mwagner626 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:34 pm

I'm really liking the idea of a blind tin compounder. I think it would make for an interesting character.
Mwagner626

Postby Herowannabe » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:58 am

Mwagner626 wrote:I'm really liking the idea of a blind tin compounder. I think it would make for an interesting character.

My first MAG character on this site. ;)
And in the campaign I'm running IRL one of the characters is also playing a blind Mistborn. So many interesting possibilities for blind metalborn on Scadrial! :D

Speaking of a blind Tin Compounder though... that bring up an interesting possibility. Depending on the type of blindness the Compounder suffers from, they could theoretically overcome their blindness by compounding sight perpetually.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:55 am

I don't think this would actually work, but in the back of my mind I kicked around the idea of a Tin Ferring who lost his sight as an adult. However, he can still tap his previously stored sight and see. He spends the rest of his life with a tiny store of how many more things he'll be able to look at, ever, and mentally keeps a list of, "I will look at my children when they are born, I have enough that if I only have two children I can see their wedding and if I save up carefully I might be able to see my grandchildren..."

I don't personally think it would work like that for the same reason that I don't think if you store up strength, then get your arm cut off, you can later tap your strength and lift things with a phantom left arm, but as Hero says, depending on the mechanism of one's blindness, it could be feasible. I sorta feel like it would defeat the purpose of making your character blind if he were a tin compounder and could simply see, however, so I would be surprised if that's the path you choose to take. ^^;;;

If you look in the Character Sheets section of any of the games, you should be able to find the general format we use for character sheets if you wanna spec out your character now. If you have any questions, or just want someone to walk you through it, I think pretty much anyone on this site is a good resource.
Mac

Postby Mwagner626 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:14 am

Mac that is a really cool idea! I love the possibilities for character development there.

I was thinking that the lose of his vision was what snapped a tin ferring into a tin compounder. I'm definitely gonna keep that in mind though because its a really cool character development idea. I think I will make up a character and toss it in the character ideas forum and get some feedback. I'll work on that this weekend.
Mwagner626

PreviousNext

Return to General