House Rules

A place to do whatever, out of character.

Postby Mac » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Tec: You may wish to add the line somewhere that, at least for these rules, a standard Medical Supplies item as outlined in the rules is determined to have a total of 10 charges. (I think that's the number we've settled on, yes? Subject to change.)
Mac

Postby Claincy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:13 pm

@Hero, I was just thinking about feruchemical gold and I realised that I may have been misinterpreting your rules.

For reference:
Claincy wrote:Feruchemical gold
Tapping individual charges can only (temporarily) increase your Health to an amount equal to your Health + your Gold rating.
Tapping 10+ charges of Gold (or any other metal) gives you ALL the benefits listed in the book.

Currently used in: Futile Efforts.

As above except that the cap on increased health is equal to the bloodmakers health.

Currently used in: Dying Light.

Does this mean that if they tap enough gold to double their temporary max health, then take some damage, they can tap again to get their current health back to double their normal max? Or does it mean that at that point they cannot increase their temp max health any further and are instead reliant on direct healing (and over time healing from their already tapped health)?
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:18 pm

The latter.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kurkistan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 pm

Speaking of rules, I think it might be time to overhaul our understanding of Pushing/Pulling on others during combat; Hero mentioned after the AoL rules came out that it makes nearly infinite sense to model it as the defender getting a Physique Reaction to which they can freely add Defense Dice.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Claincy wrote:@Hero, I was just thinking about feruchemical gold and I realised that I may have been misinterpreting your rules.

For reference:
Claincy wrote:Feruchemical gold
Tapping individual charges can only (temporarily) increase your Health to an amount equal to your Health + your Gold rating.
Tapping 10+ charges of Gold (or any other metal) gives you ALL the benefits listed in the book.

Currently used in: Futile Efforts.

As above except that the cap on increased health is equal to the bloodmakers health.

Currently used in: Dying Light.

Does this mean that if they tap enough gold to double their temporary max health, then take some damage, they can tap again to get their current health back to double their normal max? Or does it mean that at that point they cannot increase their temp max health any further and are instead reliant on direct healing (and over time healing from their already tapped health)?

Kadrok wrote:The latter.

Actually, neither. What I mean (Dying Light interpretation) is that a bloodmaker can never increase his health above his natural rating. So say Bloodmaker Blake has 10 health, and takes 3 damage. He taps 6 charges in order to get the accelerated 1 Health per minute healing rate. His Health temporarily increases back to 10 (not 13) and after 3 minutes his actual Health will have returned to 10. But he can never use Gold to (temporarily or otherwise) increase his Health above 10.

So basically, Pewter is the only magical way to increase your Health above its base rating.

Kurkistan wrote:Speaking of rules, I think it might be time to overhaul our understanding of Pushing/Pulling on others during combat; Hero mentioned after the AoL rules came out that it makes nearly infinite sense to model it as the defender getting a Physique Reaction to which they can freely add Defense Dice.

Agreed. Also in many situations I think that steel pushing another character ought to be handled as a contest rather than a conflict, with success leading to the character being pushed away but not taking any damage (unless you spend nudges to do damage).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:54 pm

Kurkistan wrote:Speaking of rules, I think it might be time to overhaul our understanding of Pushing/Pulling on others during combat; Hero mentioned after the AoL rules came out that it makes nearly infinite sense to model it as the defender getting a Physique Reaction to which they can freely add Defense Dice.
To be honest I always thought it worked that way but didn't have the language to articulate it. So I was excited when Hero made that comment. Glad to see we three are on the same page. Now lets pressure the others into accepting our position 3:D

Also, this:
Herowannabe wrote:First off, when we were doing Futile Efforts Round 1, Claincy and I got into a good natured debate about tapping 10+ charges of gold. Specifically, whether tapping large amounts of gold gives you ALL of the benefits listed in the Feruchemical Gold section (as is the case with most of the other metals), or let's you pick ONE of them. There's one pesky little "or" in there that makes it kind of vague.

Well, in AoL supplement, on page 189, the Deathless stunt, which is basically just an extension of Gold's healing powers, makes it pretty clear: "By spending 100 charges of Compounded charges of Gold, you either..." (Emphasis added). So Claincy was completely right, and I was mistaken. Tapping large amounts of gold lets you pick one of the benefits listed, not get all of them.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:11 am

So I randomly stumbled across this paragraph in the MAG while double checking the range of steel pushes and found it very relevant to this conversation.

Pushing an object held or worn by another character is a Contest between your Steel and the target’s Physique. Battling for a metal object with another Allomancer is also a Contest, pitting your Steel vs. his or her Steel. In both cases, success propels the object out of the target’s hands and away from you (if it’s held) or sends the target sprawling (if the object is worn). In the case of a metal object positioned between two Steelpushing Allomancers, the object can become a projectile targeting the loser, using the rules on the Steelpushing Attacks table (see above).
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:08 am

Anyone partial to houseruling that the only Custom Guns available for purchase in the game are the premade ones in the sample list?

It makes the smithing stunts more valuable because you need them if you want to make a genuinely custom gun, but it doesn't rule out having fancy guns without the stunts (because the sample list is quite diverse and interesting).
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:03 am

Sounds good to me!
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Gargoyle » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:38 pm

That sounds reasonable to me.
Gargoyle

Previous