House Rules

A place to do whatever, out of character.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Re: House Rules

Post by Kurkistan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:57 pm

I like it. Perhaps we should even adjust the rules in DL to fit this?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:59 pm

I do like it! Too bad I didn't see that before starting Futile Efforts. If anyone is wondering, I'm going to stick with the way I've been working Atium as currency for that campaign- I wouldn't want to change rules mid game if I can avoid it. I might consider changing the rules during a long Breather though if people want it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Kurk! I just answered your question though.
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I am in favour of changing to these rules at the next long breather. So that makes two of us in favour. Perhaps we should have a poll?
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 am

I have to say I like these rules. I think I will implement them in PoS and CoC (if there is any need in the latter ;) ).
Bill Whitmore

Post by Bill Whitmore » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am

And we just stole a bunch of Atium in PoS! :shock:
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Indeed. I had already been considering atium rules relatively similar to the first part of these rules, but this is better.
Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Feruchemical speed.

If you tap 10 charges, it says the following:
you can take 2 steps toward or away from anything in a single Beat if you take an action, or may instead choose to receive no dice at all to take 3 steps
By moving, do you automatically lose one die with your action? Is there a point at which you stop losing dice? If a Keeper were to tap 20 Charges, he could take 3 steps towards or away in a single Beat and take an action; could such a Keeper take a single step, but do so without losing any dice? Or do you get 3 steps without losing dice? Has this been asked on the Crafty forum?
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Mac wrote:Feruchemical speed.

If you tap 10 charges, it says the following:
you can take 2 steps toward or away from anything in a single Beat if you take an action, or may instead choose to receive no dice at all to take 3 steps
By moving, do you automatically lose one die with your action? Is there a point at which you stop losing dice? If a Keeper were to tap 20 Charges, he could take 3 steps towards or away in a single Beat and take an action; could such a Keeper take a single step, but do so without losing any dice? Or do you get 3 steps without losing dice? Has this been asked on the Crafty forum?
Technically taking a step counts as a negative circumstance rather than an instant lost die, though we have messed that rule up rather a lot :P

From a practical standpoint I consider steps gained through steel/iron/pewter stunts and from tapping fSteel to be "free" steps, so in the above example he could take 1 or 2 steps without penalty, 3 would count as a negative circumstance and *might* result in him losing a die and if he took 4 he couldn't take any action.
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Post by Kurkistan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

On Catching beats:

Kadrok had a good idea in the Mistborn vs. Steelrunner thread: if we play it such that you always need to commit at least 1 "real die" to any action pool (if you commit 1 you get -1 Outcome, if you commit 2 you're fine), there might well be no need to have any artificial limit on the number of beats you can catch, even taking Atium and Feruchemy into consideration. You'll run out pretty quick this way.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Tecslicer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Added the Competent Doctor Actions that Mac is using in the School of Hard Knocks.

Return to “General”