Chatbox Highlights

A place to do whatever, out of character.
PhantomMonstrosity

Re: Chatbox Highlights

Post by PhantomMonstrosity » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:30 pm

The reason it came up is because my personal mistborn blindrun campaign included my player figuring it out and telling TLR.

He's going to save the Final Empire, at this rate.

Of course, he's an amnesiac Returned, and the only reason TLR is keeping him around is because he wants Dat Immortality. Saving the Final Empire isn't the healthiest long-term goal.

TLR is feeding him a line of bullshit about being the heir to the empire, to keep him distracted and trusting.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Tecslicer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Mac:
Someone invent a word for a type of sport that could be played in Era 2 Scadrial.

Kadrok:
Kinetic Skyball
For Lurchers and Coinshots.

Mac:
What about a normal sport that has nothing to do with arcana?

Kadrok:
NO! How could you ask that of me?!

Tecslicer:
"Rivetball"? "Pinging"? "Scurdugden"?

Mac:
Everyone, Scurdugden is now officially a sport college athletes play in Era 2 Scadrial. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Tecslicer:
I saw that. If I remember from my own High School Scurdugden playing days, It is played on a Tennis looking court with three players on each side, and one team mate on each side of the field manning the ball launcher. The 6th player from each team is busy playing a game very similar to Magic the Gathering, but longer. Once that game is over, the winning player's team wins 20 points, and that player can then man the extra ball gun.
Of course the real game is played before a match, when the "Decker" decides what type of deck to build. Will he do a Red/Blue, or a White/Black, or maybe a pure green? Or a Rainbow, a Plaid/Orange, or a Random shuffle of cards?
Daris

Post by Daris » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 am

Mac: OH GOOD. Someone has turned a discussion on Chromium into yet another justification for how hemalurgy isn't just harmless, it's actually as beneficial for you as taking vitamins.

Mac: This post has all the hallmarks of yet another person gearing up to claim that you can use hemalurgy, get all of the benefits, and suffer zero consequences. I don't care if they'd rather read a story where there is no tension and no hard decisions and where magic means "comes free when you snap your fingers". I just get almight frustrated when they insist that Mr. Sanderson writes such books, and in my vast experience trying to point out that his stories never work that way and that he himself has canonized hemalurgy as "evil", their response is to react emotionally and to rant. I never said it's all of 17s, I said it's the people so proudly in their sad little "Dark Alley" insisting that Hemalurgy is fun for the whole family and lashing out when people try to insert some reality (well, fictional literature, anyway) into their headcanon. I don't see why it's so hard for them to simply believe these things on their own. It's not healthy to require so much external validation for every part of your life that you literally cannot handle someone pointing out that your fantasies are unsupported.

Daris: Mac, if I ever run a game with you playing, I will introduce a NPC who keeps going on and on about consequence-free hemalurgy. Then when your character tries to murder him in a psychotic rage, Ruin will explode his brain.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:57 pm

copying this here so that this doesn't get lost in the chatbox void.
This is the one I had previously adapted for my sig. It's 200x35px. http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/ ... oSmall.png Code: [url]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/ ... oSmall.png[/url!]
Haelbarde
Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:21 am
It's a little illegible at this size
PhantomMonstrosity
Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:23 am
Just remove the '!'s from the closing tags.
Claincy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:36 pm
I shoulda known that would happen [url=http://www.steelministry.com][img]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac16 ... bizbfa.png[/img!][/url!]
Claincy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:36 pm
Claincy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm
As 17s has changed it's signature rules the old steel ministry banner is now too large. If you want a smaller version the following code will do the trick :)
Claincy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm
Edit: Also, @Haelbarde, any chance I could get your version of the banner in a 50 pixel tall version?
Haelbarde

Post by Haelbarde » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:00 am

Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:40 pm

Someone suggested I describe my favorite book in exactly six words. What do you think: "Magic orphan girl kills God. Twice."
Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Mac wrote:Though seriously. I really hope for Steris's sake she goes to a party and meets one of the men who jilted her. "Oh, hello! Didn't know you'd be here. Perhaps you've heard of my husband, High Lord Ladrian? Saved the city a few times? Waxillium Dawnshot? The literal Right Hand of God? So, what have you been up to, since you dumped me?"
Mac wrote:"This is your trade-up."
Mac wrote:"You dumped me, and I ended up landing a full-fledged Protagonist. You didn't even make it on-screen."
Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Gargoyle wrote:Mac wasn't uploading, so I figured I'd better before the conversation fell off the end of the chatbox thread.
Mac wrote:Thanks!
Thanks to Gargoyle for preserving the post!
Last edited by Kadrok on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: So Mac gets the thanks
Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:18 am

I'm exhausted and going to bed. Of all the amazing things that happened today, my favorite might be coming up behind another Mistborn waiting in line, palming a few clips, and throwing them at him. He turned, saw what I was doing, and started chucking dollar coins at me. Everyone was laughing uproariously, it was awesome.
There was one other girl in a Mistcloak, and we staged a fight scene, but didn't actually throw coins. I might try to photoshop in a coin directly between us to make it look like we're having a Push contest. I'll try to get the pictures up, even though I apparently forgot that leaving my hood up makes my costume look REALLY stupid. I officially cannot fix this mistcloak, my next one will be from scratch. Still trying to decide what my next costume will be; Raoden, perhaps? My buddy's Vasher was AWESOME. Even if he didn't want to carry around the swath of BRIGHT PINK cloth I found for him to use as color-fuel.
Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:17 am

Prolly this doesn't count as Chatbox but I wanted to show this to people... Conversation I just texted with my friend.

"In the Starfalls vision, Dalinar notes that Heb's house is primitive, so he must be in the past. But he's a Rosharan Kennedy. He's never not lived in a palace."
"He's also been a field general, and and some point has probably burned every kind of village house imaginable."
"HA! Valid. Why, this looks nothing like what I typically raze..."
Mac

Post by Mac » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 am

Same friend as above.

"Tyn names Shallan as Horneater princess Unulukuak'kina'autu'atai. I wonder if she knows enough Unkalaki that this actually means something, or was it gibberish..."

"Well, if I make up a Hawaiian name it would be very stereotypical and probably not actually meaningful."

"Yes, but you're not an international con woman, and the daughter of interpretors. From a place near the Peaks.

...wait, ARE YOU?!?!"

Return to “General”