Rule Modifications: Prop Regeneration

A place to ask questions about the rules, and get a ruling from the Narrator.
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by dbmeboy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:26 pm

tecslicer wrote:Well, you actualy can loose other props. A horse can get coinshot, a cane can snap. etc, but I do see your point. I really hate to change the rules before we use them :? We could make metals an automatic match pair (so you DO get one for each resource) and any real match pair and/or gets you another copy IF you are at the safehouse. So if you are there and you roll a 5 5 3 3 6 1 you would get three vials. Kolo? Thoughts?

Then if that totally does not work we can try out other ideas.
That actually sounds like a pretty cool way to handle it.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am

Character Name: Clay Montanya

AP: 4
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by Tecslicer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Then, the mistborn will not be so hindered, but also will have a weakness. I can just trap you in a distant city, or a cave system, or a high tower, or you could find Hoid and be transported to another cosmere world!!!! But really I think I have enough ***Spoiler*** sdkhwe8 w fwfhbsif w fkwj fieffewjf wehbfoi7dbv 3h4 o8 8fd fsdou v 498dsj erb9su n fsiuhdsuh 4 hsbfsab8 29 an fnwe g8 si we f saih suiyb jnf shdgijs 9 shsd jhds iys j jb sau suyf s ***end Spoiler*** So with all that you should be fine...
Ardrikk
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by Ardrikk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm almost always in favor of not changing rules until we've played with them and found how they actually work in practice. Also, the new version of the pdf (and, of course, the physical books) is supposed to have a stunt that lets Allomancers increase the time they can burn a metal before it's burned up. Maybe we should just wait and see if that helps with the overall issue?
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by dbmeboy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I have the new PDF, and there is indeed a stunt for every metal that doubles burn time. At least the non-instant ones. That doesn't really help the problem that a mistborn only gets one day out of his or her vial due to needing to burn all the metals off, so I'd there's more than one day between long breathers they can only use their powers on one of those days. And it must be the same day for all of the metals because they're all in the same vial.
ReaderAt2046

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by ReaderAt2046 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:12 pm

tecslicer wrote:We could make metals an automatic match pair (so you DO get one for each resource) and any real match pair and/or gets you another copy IF you are at the safehouse. So if you are there and you roll a 5 5 3 3 6 1 you would get three vials. Kolo? Thoughts?
I have no idea what this means. Can you try saying it in English?
ReaderAt2046

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by ReaderAt2046 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 pm

tecslicer wrote:Then, the mistborn will not be so hindered, but also will have a weakness. I can just trap you in a distant city, or a cave system, or a high tower, or you could find Hoid and be transported to another cosmere world!!!! So with all that you should be fine...
I note that this applies to my proposal too.
dbmeboy
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by dbmeboy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:23 pm

As I understood it, rolling for metals automatically succeeds. If your at "base" when rolling, any pairs you rolled would get you an additional vial each.
Ardrikk
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by Ardrikk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm

ReaderAt2046 wrote:
tecslicer wrote:We could make metals an automatic match pair (so you DO get one for each resource) and any real match pair and/or gets you another copy IF you are at the safehouse. So if you are there and you roll a 5 5 3 3 6 1 you would get three vials. Kolo? Thoughts?
I have no idea what this means. Can you try saying it in English?
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one who was completely lost by tecslicer's paragraph, above. :P
ReaderAt2046

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by ReaderAt2046 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:37 pm

that will work.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:20 am

Character Name: Clay Montanya

AP: 4
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Rule Modifications.

Post by Tecslicer » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Sorry about the un-intelligible explanation.
ReaderAt2046 wrote:
tecslicer wrote:Then, the mistborn will not be so hindered, but also will have a weakness. I can just trap you in a distant city, or a cave system, or a high tower, or you could find Hoid and be transported to another cosmere world!!!! So with all that you should be fine...
I note that this applies to my proposal too.
Yes it does, but your proposal grants free metal vials whenever you visit the safe house. which would allow you to get as many as you need, then go to the high tower, dungeon, distant city and throw them around for days.
The thing that makes Brandon Sanderson's magic systems great (In my personal opinion) is that there is a cost to the magic.

My rule change ensures that you will get some metal for your resource, and might get a bunch. Rolling for metals is an automatic pair of ones (5d6 giving 5 5 6 6 6 would give 4 vials as usual, though a 2d6 giving 1 2 would still provide 1 vial of metals, and a 3d6 giving 5 6 6 would provide 3 vials.)
Also remember that you are a crew. Tann can led you the letters of credit to boost your roll, or roll himself and give you the vials.
Another thing to remember is that this is a world full of allomancers, so finding vials is not out of the question.
Last thing to remember is that metals are everywhere, you need to do a wits roll to see if the metal is pure, it is a risk, but...

Or you could just roll for a misting vial of pewter or whatever you need.
Locked

Return to “The Steel Ministry”