Serneau "Ser" Wardwick (ARENA EDITION!)

Post character sheets for combatants here.

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 am

Concept: Coinshot Mercenary
Race: Noble
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 74 kg
Attributes Standing Resilience
Physique: 5 Resources: 4/4 Health: 9/9
Charm: 2 Influence: 3/3 Reputation: 5/5
Wits: 4 Spirit: 2/2 Willpower: 6/6

Traits and Burdens:
Drive: Increase my power
Profession: Mercenary
Specialty: Knife Fighter
Feature: Flair for the Dramatic
Personality: Arrogant
Other Traits:

Tragedy: I was favoured by the patriarch of our house to be it's heir, until my cousin snapped as a Mistborn. My family's decline is my fault because I only snapped as a Misting.

Destiny: To become powerful enough to destroy my cousin and seize my birthright.

Powers:
Allomancy - Steel: 7

Stunts:
Multiple Targets: Ser has finer control of his Steelpushing and may
simultaneously Push a number of individual metal objects, or attack a number of
different targets, up to his Steel rating. When attacking multiple targets, make a
single Steel roll which each target must defend against individually. Nudges are
ignored (they may not be gained) when using Steel to attack multiple targets.

Steel Running: By Pushing off the metals in his environment, Ser can
move as fast as a galloping race horse (approximately 40 mph). During each Beat,
he may Steelpush to take up to 2 steps toward or away from a target without
penalty, or he may choose not to gain any Action or Defense dice for the round
to take 3 steps toward or away from a target.

Equipment:
Leather Padded Armor - Layered armor; Absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks - Prop
Sack of Copper Clips - +1 damage, Ranged Striking/Medium - Prop
Obsidian Dagger - +1 damage, Melee Touch/Touch, Contains no metal - Prop
Misting Vial - Contains 3 charges of Steel - Prop

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
You'll note I've kept his props and traits true to his primary incarnation, because reasons. I have swapped his Deflection for Running though, because I have never... ever... had the chance to use deflection, despite multiple instances of taking it, and I'd rather some more combat mobility against a Shardbearer.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:18 am

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
Fair enough, though note that the shardbearer will be bringing a shardbow into the arena along with his plate and blade, so he is far from helpless at range.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 am

What is the shard bow made of, by the way?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:27 am

I just did some research, they are actually called grandbows (though some people call them shardbows). The bows are made of steel with an infused gemstone to maintain the strength of the pull without warping it. So yes, Ser could push on it.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:33 am

3:D
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

I might switch Multiple for Velocity just so I can believably hurl cannon balls at a target and not completely miss.

I'm torn between two strategies... Called Shot coins in the eye-slot, or non Called Shot blasts to the armour. I'd have 9 dice for my attack if I didn't defend (Steel 7+1 Flare+1 Mercenary).

Thoughts?

Also, Mac... could you break his Shard bow as early as possible?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Kadrok wrote:I might switch Multiple for Velocity just so I can believably hurl cannon balls at a target and not completely miss.

I'm torn between two strategies... Called Shot coins in the eye-slot, or non Called Shot blasts to the armour. I'd have 9 dice for my attack if I didn't defend (Steel 7+1 Flare+1 Mercenary).

Thoughts?

Also, Mac... could you break his Shard bow as early as possible?

How much damage could you do? Base 1 + Velocity 1 + Coin ammo 1... you'd have to get a minimum of 2 nudges in order to inflict any damage, or 1 nudge if you can find a way to get a steady supply of items large enough to grant you a +2 to damage. With 9 dice per turn, I think "success and one nudge" is about the best you could hope for, consistently.

I can try to break the shardbow, but I wonder if you might not be better off just pushing it off of him? You would need only success, not any nudges, to be successful, and with your "increased velocity" you could presumably fling it far enough that he can't just walk over and pick it back up. And maybe then circle him, and use it as a weapon large enough to warrant a +2 to damage!

I, on the other hand, would have to first successfully disarm him, and either hope for enough nudges or spend a second beat picking it up, and then attempt to destroy something magically Invested to not break... yeah I think you've got the advantage of me in this one.
Mac

Return to Locker Room