Becker, Defender of Scadrial

Post character sheets for combatants here.

Postby Mac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Whom do I ask for approval for this character?

Concept: Scadrial's Champion
Cause: Defeat Insurgents
Target: Worldhoppers
Method: JUSTICE!
Race: Noble
Sex: M
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 78kg
Attributes Standing Resilience
Physique: 5(12) Resources: 4/4 Health: 9(16)/9
Charm: 2 Influence: 2/2 Reputation: 4/4
Wits: 4 Spirit: 3/3 Willpower: 8/8

Traits and Burdens:
Drive: To Drive Out Worldhoppers
Profession: Duelist
Specialty: Scadrian Martial Arts
Feature: Snakestrike Quick
Personality: Opposed to Foreigners
Other Traits:

Tragedy:

Destiny:

Secrets known:

Powers:
Pewter (7)

Stunt:
Prodigious Strength (x2): While burning Pewter, Becker adds two additional dice with
Physique rolls involving physical strength, including lifting and moving objects,
and wielding heavy weapons.

Equipment:
Hammer (+3 Damage) Touching/Striking
Steel Mail (Soak 2 Damage)
Pewter Vial (3 charges)

Advancements:
Last edited by Mac on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mac

Postby Kurkistan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

For future reference, this thread (warning: long) has a lot of ideas for fighting Shardbearers/Windrunners. Best idea for personal-level anti Shardbearers? Quicklime. 3:D

EDIT: Whoopsie! Linked to entirely the wrong thread. :o
http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/17 ... nners-ect/
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:54 pm

I was wondering why I was reading a really interesting article about economics, and not a useful article about fighting Shardbearers.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:07 pm

FYI, updated character to make a Misting with Strong Powers, Average Attributes, and Weak Standings.
Mac

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I wonder... would Extreme Speed let you land hits without the Shardbearer ever getting a chance to strike you?

EDIT: Looks like you'll have 19 dice generated for attacking our foe. That means 10 Attack/9 Defence which is pretty amazing. If you drop down to 7 defence you could have two different stunts, if any are useful...

EDIT2: Of course the 19 depends on how the Traits rule is applied. I'd be perfectly happy to get +5 dice for traits, personally, provided they're relevant...
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:35 pm

Kadrok wrote:I wonder... would Extreme Speed let you land hits without the Shardbearer ever getting a chance to strike you?

EDIT: Looks like you'll have 19 dice generated for attacking our foe. That means 10 Attack/9 Defence which is pretty amazing. If you drop down to 7 defence you could have two different stunts, if any are useful...

EDIT2: Of course the 19 depends on how the Traits rule is applied. I'd be perfectly happy to get +5 dice for traits, personally, provided they're relevant...

Using Extreme Speed would rely on the Shardbearer constantly chasing me, rather than just taking aim with his Greatbow. I think I'm gonna stick with my basic "all the dice at once", bet the farm on Red, as it were. Remember, with his Shardbearer trait from his Shardblade, my defensive Dice Pool is automatically reduced by 1.

And yeah, I saw how Xhadar's traits would be pretty much all universally applicable in any direct combat action, and gambled that this meant it was fair for me to do the same. Let me know if it's too "min/maxing" of me.
Mac

Postby Kadrok » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Mac wrote:And yeah, I saw how Xhadar's traits would be pretty much all universally applicable in any direct combat action, and gambled that this meant it was fair for me to do the same. Let me know if it's too "min/maxing" of me.

I'd do the same if I wasn't importing a character concept I already had... I'm certainly not going to get a lot of use out of 'Arrogant', 'Knife fighter', 'Increase my power', or 'Flair for the Dramatic'
;)
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:59 am

I am fine with capping bonus dice from traits at 2 or letting all of them apply. As it will apply to everyone involved anyway it isn't really a problem :)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:02 am

Let all apply!!!
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 am

Ok sure ;)
Claincy
Head Narrator