Pewterblade v Pewterplate

For setting up duels and other Arena discussion.

Postby Mac » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Huh? Like, we both agree on what we do or don't get, rather than actually rolling to see what we buy?

I'm opposed to the idea. Resources are one Standing. Starting a precedent that it's only useful to boost Health would detract from potential future Arena combatants deciding on the strategy to invest in Resources, and then actually use them. It's one more tactic and I feel it should be included, like how Zareth might choose to gamble on a few Called Shots hoping to shatter my sabaton and gain the advantage when one leg can no longer support my weight. It's a risk, it has a very low chance of success, and if it does succeed it could completely turn the tables on the entire combat. I don't see any of that as a reason to tell him he's not allowed to take Called Shots.

But, if Claincy would prefer that we simply decide on additional items and don't make rolls, I'm amenable.

Also I'd like to take this moment for a formal admittance that Claincy's already won the "cool name" portion of combat.
Mac

Postby Herowannabe » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:23 am

Oh I definitely don't recommended for regular arena matches, just this one. Seeing as your goal is to find out what is better, shardplate or shardblade. It makes it so that you start the match balanced, at least.

However, It's just a suggestion. If both of you want to resolve the resource rolls as normal, go right ahead :)
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:33 am

I'm not too fussed either way on the resources. Maybe leaning slightly towards not rolling this time just for the sake of better comparison, but I don't care all that much.

The location suggestion sounds good. I was thinking along the same lines.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:33 am

Cool. What do you recommend for our Props, then? Since we both have Resource 4, it should presumably be even. Unless you can think of something more interesting, just two more vials of Pewter each, so even flaring we can just ignore the possibility of running out of pewter? I could take a hammer and you could take plate mail, but that would work out to a simple mechanical wash.
Mac

Postby Claincy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:17 am

Mac wrote:Cool. What do you recommend for our Props, then? Since we both have Resource 4, it should presumably be even. Unless you can think of something more interesting, just two more vials of Pewter each, so even flaring we can just ignore the possibility of running out of pewter? I could take a hammer and you could take plate mail, but that would work out to a simple mechanical wash.

Yeah, not much point adding a +1d and a -1d :P Not having to worry about pewter quantity sounds good though.
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:15 pm

Any other details before we begin?
Mac

Postby Mac » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Do we wanna do this? It sounds like we're both ready.
Mac

Previous

Return to The Stands