"Mad Gunsmith Pakter" vs "Arthur Avalon"

For setting up duels and other Arena discussion.

Postby Skullduggery » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm

so how many props are the metalminds?
Skullduggery

Postby Zath » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Skullduggery wrote:Physical Conflict ? Players against each other? :oops: :shock: :lol: :( :o :shock: :x

Actually, that's a good question: do you guys want to fight against each other, player vs. player? Or would you rather be on a team against one or two Villains and a bunch of Extras?

Der Alleskrieg wrote:I don't like the point blank breaking thing, but the prototype customization sounds fair...
Skullduggery wrote:I agree, plus point blank is something everybody can do. Having the stunt mean you have controll over it. It is after all not like somebody without the stunt can't swing their rifle into somebody face.

Okay, fair enough. The Point Blank thing was more of a whim, I guess. Coming back to it a day later, I can see how it would be unfair. So, @DA, no worries about having your gun break on you if you use it as a melee weapon (unless you roll really badly. "Complications" are still a thing, after all 3:D ).

Skullduggery wrote:so how many props are the metalminds?

The Universal Metalmind Prop you have currently (that gives you Gold, Zinc, and Steel Feruchemy) would count as 4 Props.

Also, because that technology would be unstable at best during Era 1 Scadrial, I'm going to apply a rule to your Universal Metalmind that's similar to the one I'm going to use with Der Alleskrieg's gun, Pakter's Ashmouth.

If you tap charges from the Universal Metalmind, then when you roll for that Beat, you must spend a Nudge to prevent the Universal Metalmind from breaking. If it does break, you lose access to the Feruchemical ability that you tapped the most charges from for that Beat. You can choose to try and repair it for your action in a later Beat, and if you succeed then you regain that Feruchemical ability. For example:

Arthur declares that he will punch his opponent. He decides that he will tap 6 charges of Gold to boost his Health, and 3 charges of Steel to add to his Action Dice. He rolls and gets a Result of 4 with no nudges. His attack succeeds, but because he didn't roll a nudge, his Universal Metalmind breaks and Arthur can not tap any more Gold for the rest of the Conflict. Arthur can choose, as his action, to try to repair the Universal Metalmind during the next Beat (or later), and if he succeeds, he will be able to tap more Gold again.

Does that make sense? And, more importantly, does that seem fair?

Heck, I dunno, maybe I'm making things too complicated. Should we just throw out all these "restrictions" I'm imposing? At this point, they seem to be getting in the way... What do you two think?

Edit: We're not using my "restriction" rules for this battle.
Last edited by Zath on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zath

Postby Skullduggery » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:51 pm

I like the idea of two mad scientists fighting
Iron-man and Frank Castle style
then have conflicts when they cooperate
Skullduggery

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Skullduggery wrote:I like the idea of two mad scientists fighting

Ahh, so we fight at first, then join together and fight someone else 3:D
Der Alleskrieg

Postby Skullduggery » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 am

Der, we need a mad scientist alloy of law campaing :lol:
Skullduggery

Postby Skullduggery » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 am

So I can’t tap gold in response to getting damaged
Skullduggery

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Skullduggery wrote:Der, we need a mad scientist alloy of law campaing :lol:

Sounds good 3:D
Der Alleskrieg

Postby Zath » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:18 pm

Der Alleskrieg wrote:

Okay, I can do that. The battle starts out as a "defeat the other guy" Conflict, then a mutual foe(s) arises and you two reluctantly team up to defeat it? I like it.
The "winner," if we need one, will be the character who
  1. is still alive at the end (obviously :P )
  2. dealt the most damage to his foes

Edit: The winner will be the player who has the most fun.

Zath wrote:Heck, I dunno, maybe I'm making things too complicated. Should we just throw out all these "restrictions" I'm imposing? At this point, they seem to be getting in the way... What do you two think?

I've decided. Since both of you are playing characters who have Scadrial Era 2 Props and/or Stunts, I'm officially removing the home-brew restrictions I thought up earlier. There's no point in having them, really.

So, @Der Alleskrieg, that means that Pakter can have any basic gun from the Alloy of Law rulebook and it won't cost any more Props than normal, and you won't need the "bag of shot and gunpowder" prop to use it. You can add Customizations to that gun with the proper Gunsmithing Stunts as normal. You don't have to worry about spending a Nudge to prevent it from breaking every time you use it. (I do still think that the "prototype" gun rule would work well if we were playing a full campaign in the Final Empire time frame... I'm going to keep that rule in mind for future campaigns)

@Skullduggery, you don't have to worry about your Universal Metalmind Prop breaking when you use it. The Prop cost of the metalmind will depend on what combination of metals you have in the Prop. Your Gold/Zinc/Steel Universal Metalmind will still take up 4 Prop slots, if you want to keep it. Also, the "1 Breath" stunt thing will still cost 5 AP.

Go ahead and adjust your character sheets, and I'm sorry for all the trouble. :oops:
Last edited by Zath on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zath

Postby Der Alleskrieg » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Zath wrote:
Der Alleskrieg wrote:

Okay, I can do that. The battle starts out as a "defeat the other guy" Conflict, then a mutual foe(s) arises and you two reluctantly team up to defeat it? I like it.
The "winner," if we need one, will be the character who
  1. is still alive at the end (obviously :P )
  2. dealt the most damage to his foes

Zath wrote:Heck, I dunno, maybe I'm making things too complicated. Should we just throw out all these "restrictions" I'm imposing? At this point, they seem to be getting in the way... What do you two think?

I've decided. Since both of you are playing characters who have Scadrial Era 2 Props and/or Stunts, I'm officially removing the home-brew restrictions I thought up earlier. There's no point in having them, really.

So, @Der Alleskrieg, that means that Pakter can have any basic gun from the Alloy of Law rulebook and it won't cost any more Props than normal, and you won't need the "bag of shot and gunpowder" prop to use it. You can add Customizations to that gun with the proper Gunsmithing Stunts as normal. You don't have to worry about spending a Nudge to prevent it from breaking every time you use it. (I do still think that the "prototype" gun rule would work well if we were playing a full campaign in the Final Empire time frame... I'm going to keep that rule in mind for future campaigns)

@Skullduggery, you don't have to worry about your Universal Metalmind Prop breaking when you use it. The Prop cost of the metalmind will depend on what combination of metals you have in the Prop. Your Gold/Zinc/Steel Universal Metalmind will still take up 4 Prop slots, if you want to keep it. Also, the "1 Breath" stunt thing will still cost 5 AP.

Go ahead and adjust your character sheets, and I'm sorry for all the trouble. :oops:

Can I still call it "Pakter's Ashmouth"?

Or are we playing era 2 now?
Der Alleskrieg

Postby Zath » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Der Alleskrieg wrote:Can I still call it "Pakter's Ashmouth"?

Or are we playing era 2 now?

Yes, "Pakter's Ashmouth" is still a great name. :)

And we're playing Scadrial eras 1 and 2. I'll allow Props, Powers, and Stunts from either era, and I'll let you mix and match them (as long as it's not game-breaking. i.e. no Mistborn Compounders, no koloss-blooded Keepers, stuff like that).
Zath

PreviousNext

Return to The Stands