Duel recruitment: Shardbearer vs Scadrians -Draw-

For setting up duels and other Arena discussion.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Duel recruitment: Shardbearer vs Scadrians

Post by Herowannabe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

There you go, officially began it. :) have fun!
Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 am

Clancy mentioned that he'd like to make this a fight with at least a melee component. In the interests of that, how would you feel if our entrances on opposite sides of the arena were across the width, rather than across the length? Making it, what, medium range? Long? Rather than Extreme (if I read the thread correctly, this room is preposterously big).

Also, I think Kad is waiting to hear how Clancy feels about there being a workout area as part of the room, with free weights (i.e., large metal missles as part of the environment).
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:01 am

Sorry for the delays in my posts. I've been working on setting up the dying light forums.

I am fine with starting widthwise in the arena. That would be long range in game terms.

There are suitable weights for Jastes to use. It would however take him 1 beat to find them and grab them using iron. Sound reasonable?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:06 am

Kadrok is fielding Ser, not Jastes, and Ser uses Steel, not iron. But other than that it sounds fine to me. ;)
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:13 am

*facepalm*

Right, well 1 beat to use steel to find them and go grab them. How about that? Ser would remain at long range.
Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:18 am

Kay. This mostly seems to be working out nicely. Does anyone have any other concerns they want to bring up before we start for real?

If not, then I think in the Arena itself we're in for the following things: if Ser and Xhadar wish, they make their "entrance" posts, indicating things like which weapon they currently have to hand, and everyone get the opportunity to "prepare" for battle, like how I drank my pewter.

Once that's done, since we all have the same Wits (unless I'm mistaken?) we'll all PM our intentions to Bowen, and once we've done that either he can just post our intentions at once, we'll build our dice pools and determine initiative, or if he's busy we can all just post our own, and we'll only need Bowen if someone calls foul.

Sound good? Am I missing anything? This is actually my first MAG combat ever, so tell me if I'm missing anything.
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 am

Sounds good if Hero/Bowen is up for doing so.

btw, do you prefer we call you Hero or Bowen?

Invalid dice code!
Yeah, gonna need Tec to tell me how to activate dice properly.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:40 am

Mac wrote:Once that's done, since we all have the same Wits (unless I'm mistaken?) we'll all PM our intentions to Bowen, and once we've done that either he can just post our intentions at once, we'll build our dice pools and determine initiative, or if he's busy we can all just post our own, and we'll only need Bowen if someone calls foul.
Actually I'd rather not have to do all that micro-managing. So here's what I say instead. I just reviewed everyone's traits, and based on them I say that people declare in this order for Round 1:
1 Xhadar
2 Ser
3 Becker

Each round we rotate, and whoever declared first gets bumped to last in line, and repeat. The only exception is if someone decides to spend a nudge from a successful attack to increase/decrease someone's Wits rating in the next round.

Or if you guys don't like that, then each round everyone makes a Wits roll. Lowest result declares first, highest result declares last. Again, nudges can be spent to temporarily increase or decrease a Wits score, as appropriate.
Claincy wrote:btw, do you prefer we call you Hero or Bowen?
Either is fine. As a side note, I noticed yesterday that like you Claincy, my name is contained within my username. hErOWaNnaBe :D
Kadrok
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Kadrok » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 am

Wow! It really works: KaSimondrok!
Claincy
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Claincy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:34 am

I'm ok with either. However I think the first method of rotating order of announcing actions may work the best for speed reasons. It would eliminate the need for an extra post each before each beat, perhaps more if we roll a tie, that would be present if we rolled wits each beat.
Herowannabe wrote: Either is fine. As a side note, I noticed yesterday that like you Claincy, my name is contained within my username. hErOWaNnaBe :D
Heh, nice. Though mine doesn't really contain my name. It more is my full name appropriately garbled ;)

@Kad XD

Return to “The Stands”