Match #1 Shardbearer vs. Coinshot and Thug

The Arena itself, all duels take place here.

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Out of Character. Click to reveal.
okay, here is your introduction.

You enter the arena from opposite ends (Sorry Mac, if there is a particular positioning you want you'll have to set it up yourself), Claincy from one end, Kadrok and Mac from the other. Claincy you'll have to tell us how big it is (including length, width, and height).

The gates swung open, and the combatants found themselves in a huge cavern. There was an intensive obstacle course running around the perimeter of the cavern, there was a range with several wooden dummies set up, there were a couple of rings of sand that were clearly for fighting in and everywhere on the walls and from the roof were rods, beams and platforms of metal and wood for coinshots and lurchers to practice on. It was, undoubtably, an incredible underground allomantic training complex.

From across the giant cavern the opponents locked eyes. The crowd cheered, rooting for their champions and booing at the rivals. A gong sounded, and the match officially began.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Mac » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Becker shrugged his shoulders, testing that the mail was snug to his torso, draping in looping chains down almost to his knees. Spinning the hammer to his right, his left, let him feel that his pre-fight warm-up had loosened the important wrist muscles. Finally, he shook his left hand, then lifted it to his mouth, using his teeth to rip the cork out of his vial of pewter and chugging the well-mixed contents. He felt the reserve in his belly and mind... but didn't burn yet. He slowly stepped forward, angling to the right, weapon held ready, picking a path to one of the circles of sand near him that took him past a few practice dummies he could use for cover.

Stats:

Health: 9/9
Pewter Charges: 3
Mac

Postby Mac » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Sorry, I sorta jumped in without seeing if it was cool with everyone... my thought was, we'd each take the opportunity to establish our position, our equipment, what we're specifically armed with, et ceterra, and once we all did that the first actual "Beat" would start. If that's cool with everyone, let's proceed, but if not I apologize and I'll withdraw my post.

Clancy: Did you see us as being at far ends (like, goal to goal on a football field) or across the width of the arena? The first would put us at, what, extreme range? I don't know what the second would do.
Mac

Postby Kadrok » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Er.. not quite done preparing... can I have the cannon balls?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh, right, preparing.

go ahead and spend resources to acquire stuff before you enter the arena, kind of like you did in Futile Efforts.

Technically cannon-balls haven't been invented on Scadrial yet, but it shouldn't be hard to find something equivalent (metal ingots or something). We'll say a resource difficulty 2.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 pm

Would they count as Medium for the sake of damage +2? Also, I was thinking I'd trade my Obsidian knife for them instead of rolling for them.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 pm

@Kadrok: Yes. And I guess you could do that, but only for 1 chunk of metal. If you want more you'll have to roll.

Or, I imagine you could find appropriately heavy metal debris in the Hazekiller chamber. Lifting weights or the like.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Herowannabe wrote:Or, I imagine you could find appropriately heavy metal debris in the Hazekiller chamber. Lifting weights or the like.

Can I?
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Kadrok wrote:Can I?

Claincy? You came up with the Hazekiller cave.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Claincy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 am

Xhadar stepped into the arena. He spared a glance for the strange arena and then focused on his opponents. He smiled beginning to summon his shardblade, it was time to kill.

Just testing that I got the dice working right:
Claincy rolled 7d6:
4, 6, 4, 2, 2, 1, 6

excellent :)
Claincy
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Next

Return to The Arena