Match #2: Atium-burning Mistborn vs. Steelrunner

The Arena itself, all duels take place here.

Postby Mac » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:48 pm

I still disagree, and I suspect we disagree on how much benefit a "running start" would get you if you were already charging when I started to push. However, as I've said before, I'm done talking in circles with you about feruchemical steel. It's proving to be as frustrating as this past combat was.

A minor note; ability to narrate or not wasn't the factor that made this game frustrating. I like fluff as much, if not more, than anyone else on this site (in fact I'm apparently garnering compliments on them), but it will never be a substitute for agency. If I'd shown up to read, "Here's what I'm attempting. I win, you lose. Here's what happens," being granted the opportunity to describe your victory would not have eased the sting of the fact that I was simply watching things happen to my character, with no ability to do anything about it.

And yes, I concur with you that the point of the initial exercise demanded participants who would constantly attack each other without letting up. Without those parameters, this would have been a very different encounter, I suspect on both sides.
Mac

Postby Kurkistan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 pm

As a parting comment, then, I'll just say that I think this "Juggernaut problem" discussion is of a thoroughly different type than our other fSteel discussion, but I'm willing to drop it for now if it's bringing up some negative associations. :)
Kurkistan
Narrator
Narrator

Previous

Return to The Arena