Fishrage's intro thread to DL

Dying Light
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Narrator

Fishrage's intro thread to DL

Post by Herowannabe » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Hey Fishrage, go ahead and reply to this when you see it. You should have access to all the forums that Tec did, and I renamed this one from "Tecslicer" to "Fishrage."

Unfortunately quite a bit of the game has happened in PMs, so there are gaps in Gash's story so far. Some of the other players have kept good logs of PM events, so I'm going to see if I can find and copy relevant sections into here.

Also, when I get time I'll post a summary of everything that has happened to Gash so far, so you don't have to read the entire backlog of threads before jumping into the action.

For now, definitely check out the character sheet- if you don't like the character as is I can give you a little bit of leeway to change things. Some things, such as Gash's appearance and personality, are already written into the story, so they'll have to stay. But other things- things not known to the other players- can be tweaked if you want.

From there, check out the Prologue and Chapters 1,2, and 3 threads in the Action subforum- they should be mostly complete.

EDIT: Also, I should note that there isn't any immediate hurry for you to jump in and join the action (currently chapter 5- Disturbances). Gash is currently out of sight from the rest of the crew
Last edited by Herowannabe on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I changed the name of the thread because I realized that I had two separate threads in two separate subforums both named "Welcome Fishrage!"
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Welcome Fishrage!

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 am

Summary of everything that has happened so far:

Prologue: The scene is laid out and the stage is set. The crew leader, Jaira, introduces the crew to their job: assassinating King Elend Venture. You should really read this chapter in full.

Gash's Character Sheet and Backstory: In short, Gash was a powerful Awakener from Kuth during the great war that took place a few hundred years before the events of Warbreaker. In the course of the war his family was killed and he found himself all alone in the world. About that time he was approached by a man who turned out to be Hoid (yes, THE Hoid). Hoid took Gash on as an apprentice of sorts, taught him a bit about the Cosmere, and recruited him to help him with a task on Scadrial. The task includes a few things:
- Get ahold of some Atium- already done and delivered to Hoid.
- Join Jaira's crew and make sure that their job fails. Hoid wants to make sure that Elend and Vin stay alive "to fulfill the role that destiny has in store for them.". Currently in progress (though Tecslicer never really did much to interfere with the crew- I think he was too busy IRL to really devote any time to scheming and plotting how best to betray the crew).
- Find the Well of Ascension- Hoid is working on that himself.

Gash and Hoid have been in touch a couple times since the adventure began, primarily through letter. Hoid is currently up North in Terris searching for The Well, and expected to be gone for a month or two. It's been a couple weeks since he left.
Definitely read over the character sheet and backstory.

Chapter 1- The Party: After breaking the news of the job to the Crew, Jaira lets them mingle and get to know each other for a while. It's probably worth reading this whole thread, just to get to know who the rest of the crew is. For your reference, here is a brief description of the crew, including which player controls them:

Jaira Lemeaux (NPC): crew leader. Fierce, no-nonsense personality.
Locks (NPC): Soother and drunkard
Jerrard (NPC): Thug, ladies man.
Dedrie (NPC): Coinshot, lanky and reserved.
Artwar "Art" (Kadrok): Former Obligator, still bears the tattoos. Has connections throughout the underworld.
Shane (originally Bill Whitmore- now NPC): Well-dressed traveling merchant.
Petty (BubbaFett): Skaa thief and infiltrator
Fidel (Kurkistan): Grumpy Coppercloud
Gen (Claincy): Thief and master duellist
Gash (you): Bearded and dressed in colorful, well-tailored clothes. Vague about what he offers the crew, but does say that he can do assassination or just about anything else the crew needs. Secretly an Awakener.
Kenner (NPC): The crew's Seeker. Was supposed to show up at the crew's first meeting, but never did. Later found dead.
Oma (NPC): Grandmotherly Coppercloud, owner of the crew's Safehouse in Luthadel. She lives there along with a number of her children and grandchildren.

*Note that aside from Fidel, none of the player-controlled characters boast any powers, allomantic or otherwise. At least, not at first- keep reading.

Chapter 2- The Best Laid Plans: The next morning Jaira informs that an additional member of their crew: Kenner, a Seeker, was found dead. She relocates the crew to a new Safehouse and they begin plotting how best to enter Luthadel now that Straff Venture's siege is in force, as well as the beginnings of how to assassinate Elend. Jaira splits the crew up into pairs and sends everyone off with a different task. Gash ends up paired with the merchant, Shane, and together they pay a visit to Straff Venture's camp where they gather info about Straff's army and make a couple contacts of people who might be open to bribery. They also have a chance encounter with Straff's bastard son, Zane, a dangerous man who attempts to purchase some birchbane poison from Shane's cart.

Meanwhile, Fidel and Petty investigate Kenner's murder, and find that he was killed in a mysterious manner, with no mark on his body save for his eyes- which were blackened and burned. A witness reported seeing an assailant with a huge, gleaming sword.

Art and Jerrard do some asking around, and are able to secure access to a passwall through Luthadel's walls.

Gen and Dedrie head out to investigate the approaching army (Cett's). They do not return in time to make it through Art's passwall, and the crew is forced to leave them behind.

Chapter 3- Foxes in the Henhouse: This chapter starts out with a fun little interlude about what Hoid is up to. It show's Hoid receiving a letter sent to him by none other than Gash (though the rest of the players don't know that). There is also a 2-week long Long breather.

Finally, after 2 weeks, Gen and Dedrie rejoin the crew at their new safehouse in Luthadel, reporting that they had been waylaid by a few of Straff's soldiers. Everyone gets reacquainted, and when Gen hears the details of what happened to Kenner, he takes Jaira aside and confesses to her that he was the one who killed Kenner. Jaira has Gen put under guard by Jerrard and Dedrie, then informs the rest of the crew about Gen's confession. His confession includes a number of interesting points, including the following:

- His real name is Khav, not Gen.
- He came here from a distant place called Roshar- very different from The Final Empire, with blue skies, a yellow sun, no ash or mists, and an abundance of oversized crustaceans.
- He has possession of a magical sword called a "Shardblade" which can effortlessly cut through just about anything. He killed Kenner with it, though not intentionally; He claims he mistook Kenner for someone else- his brother's murderer.

After discussing the revelations with the crew, Jaira keeps Gen/Khav under guard and sends the rest of the crew out on individual assignments.

Chapter 4- Digging: Gash is assigned to find out what sort of Allomantic defenses Elend Venture has. He does so by chatting up some off-duty soldiers at a pub. This part is worth reading in its entirety, if only because it contains the first real uses of Awakening in this game. Nothing fancy, Gash awakens his coat with a command to protect him, but it does show the awakening mechanic in action.

Chapter 5- Disturbances: Things start getting really interesting in this part. I'll get you a transcript soon- most of this chapter took place in PMs, but near the end we switched to a group thread because my inbox was getting too full and I had to keep deleting large chunks of PMs. The crew- all of them except Art (who doesn't expect to be back for a few days) and Shane (because Bill withdrew from the game so I made Shane an NPC and took him in another direction) and Gen/Khav (because he's still under guard in the other room) meet up in the Lounge to give their reports on what they've discovered throughout the day. Most notably, Locks returns to report that he has discovered evidence of a handful of shard blade-deaths throughout the city over the past few weeks. Jaira calls Gen/Khav (hereafter referred to as Khav) in to interrogate him some more. Khav pleads innocent of these other deaths, and with Dedrie as his alibi it's clear that Khav couldn't have performed these other shardblade killings. Khav also gives a demonstration by summoning his shardblade in front of the crew. Jaira grudgingly admits Khav back into the crew proper, but shortly after the meeting is interrupted by a female inquisitor bursting into the lounge.

Combat ensues. Locks flees into the hallway but the rest of the crew stays to fight. The inquisitor shoots a few sprays of razors at the group as a whole, but soon focuses in on Khav. Jaira goes down first, revealing that she is a Lurcher and pulling the first volley of razors away from the rest of the crew towards herself. Jerrard falls next with an obsidian axe in the gut. Dedrie is knocked out by another spray of razors, and everyone takes various lacerations from the razors. Khav re-summons his shardblade and attacks the inquisitor with great skill, cutting through her arm. She heals the blade-dead arm a few seconds later, but when Khav's blade slices through one of her legs she blasts a hole through the floor and flees.

About this same time the crew starts noticing signs that the safe house is on fire, and a second inquisitor (this one male- the first inquisitor calls him "Marsh" 3:D ) steps through the door. The crew members- or at least those that are still on their feet- decide that they've had enough and all choose to flee before the new inquisitor. Petty jumps down the hole that the first inquisitor made, and Gash, Khav, and Fidel flee out onto the balcony. The inquisitor chases after the group on the balcony, but is delayed momentarily by Jerrard- who is kept alive only by burning Pewter. On the balcony, Gash runs left and (once out of sight) uses an Awakened rope to climb on the roof. Khav and Petty climb down from the balcony and run across the yard towards the stables, and the Inquisitor pursues them.

And that brings us up to date. Gash is currently on the roof catching his breath. Or well, almost up to date- The other players have advanced their individual plot lines a little bit further but none are anywhere near Gash.

Towards the end there Tecslicer went inactive completely so I took over Gash for him. I am now at a crossroads, and it's important that I- or rather, you- decide what Gash does next. Gash's choices at this point basically boil down to two things: protect his own skin and flee the scene, or head back into the Lounge to help the wounded/dead in there.

*NOTE* Please let me know when you read this. At this point you should be caught up enough to rejoin the story. I will create a new thread in your subforum for you titled "Chapter 5: Disturbances" for you to start posting in.
Fishrage

Re: Fishrage's intro thread to DL

Post by Fishrage » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 pm

All caught up, I think. What's Gash's current status w/ breath? 4 levels from the shirt -1 for the rope?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: Fishrage's intro thread to DL

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 pm

Oh let's see. -1 level from the rope and -1 from the jacket. So awakening level 5 (4th Heightening)

Return to “Fishrage”