Dying Light
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Narrator

When nobody else is watching...

Post by Herowannabe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
replying to this here so that it's easier to reference if we ever need to find it again.
tecslicer wrote:Gash wants to go visit the bathroom and, if it is far enough from the main safehouse that he feels reasonablly safe to do so, would like to suck in his stored breaths for a short bit and heal/ get used to holding such a wealth of breath again, feel about with his life- sense, then restore them again.
Gash excuses himself and makes his way to the privy- a small room on side of the building. Inside he summons his Breath back, and feels life flood into him again. He spends several minutes exulting in the Breath- longer than he had intended too. With his life sense he can make out the other four crew members back I'm the safe room, just at the edge of his range. Outside he doesn't detect any passers-by. Nobody seems willing to brave the mists tonight, at least not in this section of the street.

Eventually, reluctantly, Gash puts the Breath back into his clothing, then returns to the group.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Re: When nobody else is watching...

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:16 pm

(This seems like as good a place as any to put this, and I don't want to clutter up your subforum with a bunch of 1- or 2-post threads)
During this Long Breather the following happens. Make of it or do with it as you will.
Once in Luthadel, Jaira continues to enforce, as best as she can, keeping everyone in 2-3 person teams whenever leaving the safehouse. On one particular evening, while paired up with Artwar, the Obligator takes Gash on a detour. They proceed to visit, of all things, an orphanage. Of sorts. The kind of orphanage where most or all of the children are still with their Mothers. So maybe not an orphanage, but more like some sort of shelter? Apparently Artwar was involved in its founding somehow. While there Art passes a bag of boxings to the orphanage's Matron, and greets many of the women and children there. They recognize him and seems grateful for his visit.

As for Gash, the small clusters of children with their Mothers only serve to remind him of the family he lost, so long ago, yet still so fresh in his mind.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Gash
NotesInventoryInventoryFantastic, Wonderful, Please give him all the atium.

Inven.
No Tea
Red Herring

Post by Tecslicer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Tecslicer rolled 6d6:
4, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6

That's to keep myself from crying.
Gash watches the obligator on his mission of mercy, and follows as he leaves. After a few blocks he quietly asks the obligator. "Why?"
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:13 pm

... After the events in the Lounge...

Gash retires up the stairs to the room he shares with Lock, followed soon after by the drunkard himself. Lock has turned out to not be as bad a roommate as Gash had first feared. First off, the man is perpetually at least a little drunk. Second, he keeps to himself. And third, Lock is a sound sleeper, and doesn't snore. The combination of these, including the somewhat secluded upstairs-room, creates a reasonably safe environment for Gash to take in a little Breath every now and then.

Gash goes about his nightly ablutions while waiting for Lock to finish his. The Soother's routine is the same every night. He pulls off his shirt, boots, and shoes- in that order- then sits on his bed and stares out the window at the dark mists for 10-15 minutes before lying down and going to sleep.

Gash finds himself eagerly awaiting for that moment- his lungs itch from the sooty air of this world, and he yearns to hold his Breath again and let it heal his body. Once his lungs have cleared, Gash will be free to go to sleep. Or... to do something else.

*NOTE: I'm not necessarily implying that you should or should not be doing something other than getting ready for bed. Mostly I'm just making sure I give everyone at least a little update, so that you know I haven't forgotten about you. ;)

Return to “Fishrage”