Looking for Hoid

Dying Light
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Narrator

Looking for Hoid

Post by Herowannabe » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Gash visits the market, picks up a fashionable- and colorful- suit, and spends hours wandering through the marketplace. No sign of Hoid. Gash is just about to leave when he notices a bit of graffiti painted on what used to be a Ministry building. The graffiti is just a series of colorful brushstrokes. Sighing, Gash glances around to make sure nobody is paying attention, then recalls enough Breath to reach the third heightening. Sure enough, the seemingly-random brush strokes are actually the artisan's script.

Gash quickly reads the message- instructions from Hoid on how to contact him- then stores his Breath again. He looks around again- a few people glance at him oddly, but soon shake their heads and continue on with their business- before making his way back to the Safehouse.

Later that night, Gash sits by the open window of the room he shares with Jerrard. The Thug is out with Jaira for the night. A soft rustling announces the return of the strawman he had sent out earlier. Following Hoid's instructions, Gash had sent the strawman out with a letter and the bead of Atium he had acquired. The small figure climbs up into the window sill, carrying a letter under one straw-arm. Gash takes the letter, then says, "Your Breath to mine." The straw figure falls limply to the ground as Gash's Breath is drawn out of it.

The letter- which was written on the back of Gash's own letter- reads:
  • Well done. Continue to ensure that Elend Venture and lady Vin survive the upcoming events. I am chasing rumors of the location of the Well of Ascension, so you will be on your own for a month or two.

As for your Ministry friend, I am never opposed to helping someone reach his or her full potential, as long as his goals coincide with my own. Work with your Ministry friend, as well as any others you trust, as long as they will not hinder our plans. Needless to say, do not reveal any secrets, intentionally or otherwise, that you should not.

Be cautious, we are not the only off-worlders here. Apparently a disgruntled acquaintance of mine has followed me here. I'm not sure how he managed it, but that's what I get for killing his brother. Be on your guard. If he learns of our association he may come seeking you.

Good luck.
    --
    Hoid
Last edited by Herowannabe on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retconned Hoid's letter to include relevant information
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Gash
NotesInventoryInventoryFantastic, Wonderful, Please give him all the atium.

Inven.
No Tea
Red Herring

Re: Looking for Hoid

Post by Tecslicer » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Is it too late, since I'm sending a note and he won't be around for a while, to say that I think my ministry friend might be amenable to joining us if he can be convinced it is right?
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Narrator

Re: Looking for Hoid

Post by Herowannabe » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:01 am

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Not at all, especially since I never actually said what you wrote in your letter to him.

tapping my retconmind right now...

Return to “Fishrage”