Dying Light
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Narrator

Ch 4: Digging - Personal Thread

Post by Herowannabe » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:12 am

Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
Hey Tec, here is your thread for this next chapter. As a reminder, Gash has been tasked by Jaira with finding info about the Allomancers Elend has at his disposal, and particularly about Vin.

And he still has his assignment from Hoid to disrupt the plans of the group, and keep Elend and Vin alive.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Character's Name: Gash
NotesInventoryInventoryFantastic, Wonderful, Please give him all the atium.

Inven.
No Tea
Red Herring

Re: Ch 4: Digging - Personal Thread

Post by Tecslicer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:11 pm

OK, I've read through the threads and caught back up. Lets get this thing started again.
Gash heads back to his room to "Prepare for his investigations". He locks the door to his room and summons all his breath back. Reveling in the vitality of holding so much biochroma for a moment, and letting it heal his lungs from the ash and other "features" of this dying world, he feels the lives around him.
Just making sure I'm not being watched and taking the chance to heal and relocate my breaths. If there's not anything funny in the lifesence I'll snap into my other plans.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:08 am

Gash feels a moment of panic, as even with his enhanced life sense he is unable to feel any of the other people in the house, even though he can still faintly hear them talking and moving about. It takes him a few minutes to realize what the problem is: Oma must be burning copper downstairs. Something about these "Smokers" and their "Copperclouds" seemed to block Gash's life sense. Hoid had warned him that this might be the case, and Gash had noticed it before when Fidel had been burning copper.
Rolling your Awakening for you, to see if you can pierce the coppercloud, following the normal Bronze rules for piercing copperclouds (need to be at least 2 levels higher than the smoker, and succeed a difficulty 5 roll)
Herowannabe rolled 7d6:
1, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2
Gash closes his eyes and concentrates, trying to extend his life sense through sheer force of will. After several long moments, it works. Sort of. Gash is barely able to feel Shane, in his room across the hall, and someone down in the lounge. Jaira, presumably. He is unable to detect everyone in the house, but it is still some comfort to know that copperclouds were not infallible.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Inven.
No Tea
Red Herring

Post by Tecslicer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:11 pm

Gash nods to himself, then reaches down to the pillowcase and commands his leather jacket to "Protect me", using the pillowcase for color. He commands his pants to "Remain still" again, to store some breath, and then dumps the rest of his breath into his shirt giving no command. After retrieving the few breaths from his pants he feels ready to instigate the allomanticly endowed.
First command to the jacket. + 1 die for "Well spoken" +1 for not being in a rush? -1 for the breath still in the rope.
Tecslicer rolled 8d6:
1, 6, 6, 3, 4, 5, 4, 4

second command for the pants. I don't remember how the reduction of level works off hand so feel free to roll that if I haven't gotten back to this.
With no better idea how to go about searching out allomancers, Gash falls back to his staple: Visit the local cafes. "Maybe I'll find a priest or two to kill..." he thinks to himself.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Wed May 13, 2015 10:37 pm

I had to go reread my awakening rules myself in order to remember how they worked. :roll: Since this is the first time I really have done anything with awakening, let's be thorough.

Technically having ample time only grants you a positive circumstance, but you get a second positive circumstance from the jacket being made of leather (it was once alive), so your roll is fine as it stands. so 4 with 2 nudges.

The difficulty was 4, so you succeed just fine. There are a couple different ways you can spend your nudges.
  • (If you had gotten 4+ nudges you could have spent them to keep your awakening level at 7, but no luck. You're awakening score is temporarily reduced to 6- before you dump the rest of your breaths that is).
  • Your awakening will consume 4 color charges, which includes the pillow case (2 charges) and most of the bed sheet (3 charges). You can spend your nudges to reduce the number of color charges consumed to 2 (just the pillow case)
  • This isn't in the rules, but I plan on adding it. You may spend nudges to increase the "skill" of your awakened object by 1D per nudge (see below).
Since you used the command "protect me," and your result was 4, the way it works is once per beat you can use the jacket as a 4D Reaction to an attack made against you (if you spend one or two of your nudges to increase its "skill", it will increase that bonus to 5D or 6D, respectively)

Once you decide how you want to spend your nudges we will record the awakened jacket on your character sheet. Assuming you spend the nudges to increase it's skill, it will look something like this:

Awakened Jacket: Result 4D 2N / Skill 6D / 1 Awakening level invested. ("Protect Me" once per round Gash may use the awakened jacket as a reaction to defend against one physical attack made against him. He rolls 6D and may add defense dice to the roll if he wishes).

---

No roll required for storing a breath or two and then retrieving it.

---

Now, as for your investigating, I'm going to go ahead and make a roll or two for you and keep things moving along. Most everyone else is ready for the end of the day now. Asking around at cafes for information about Venture's allomancers would either be a Charm or Influence roll, or possibly a spirit roll if you're counting on dumb luck. Looking at your character sheet, all of those are at 2, so it doesn't really matter which one we go with. ;). I'll add in Merchant Lord and Establish Myself for traits.

Herowannabe rolled 4d6:
4, 4, 6, 3
not too shabby. ;)
Gash forgoes the many Skaa Kitchens scattered throughout Luthadel- it's doubtful that the people of the lower class will know anything useful. Likewise he doubts he'll be able to get into any of the noble estates to mingle with the upper class. And although Luthadel is starting to develop a bit of a middle class, there still aren't many places that cater to their needs. All of which leaves Gash at a bit of a loss as to where to go. He roams the ash-covered streets for a while before an idea hits him. He makes his way to section of the city where the barracks is located, and sure enough, within only minutes he finds a pub situated to serve off duty soldiers.

Inside he finds a few of the said off-duty soldiers, and after a few rounds of drinks, on him, he's got a couple of the men chatting away. Gash keeps the conversation going for a good couple of hours, talking about this and that and the woes and perks of military life and so on, subtly guiding the conversation at the right times to get a bit of information here and there. For their part, the soldiers are more than willing to idle away the hours with free alcohol and a friendly chat.

From what they say, Gash gathers that Elend has a handful of each type of allomancer, though not many. Most of the allomancers spend their time on the city walls, with the army, and not patrolling Keep Venture. Keep Venture is guarded mostly by "Lord Kelsier's team" of allomancers, including Lord Breeze, General Hammond, General Cladent, and of course, the mysterious Lady Vin- Elend's personal mistborn and slayer of gods. Though the soldiers speak very highly of Kelsier's team, they don't know a whole lot of specifics about them. Hammond is a thug- that is well known, and Lord Breeze is a Soother. General Cladent is a smoker, and one of the soldiers claims they have a Tineye or two lurking about, but none of them can confirm it for sure. In the end, the soldiers are convinced that if they win the coming battles, it will be because they have Lady Vin on their side.

Eventually the soldiers in the pub have to report for duty- evening shift- so Gadh bids them a friendly farewell.
so just as a reminder, I'm waiting on you to tell me how you want to spend those nudges, and then we'll get your character sheet updated. If there is anything else you want to do before the end of the day let me know, but we'll have to make it quick. I'm hoping I can close this chapter by the end of the week.
Tecslicer
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Inven.
No Tea
Red Herring

Post by Tecslicer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:04 am

***************************Later, During the meeting**********************

The sudden appearance of the spike eyed monster shocks Gashalt out of his chair and into a crouch grasping his cane with one hand and his awakened rope with the other. His heart pounds, but he is reassured by the awakened jacket around him.

A priest! he thinks. But why would one of their priests attack us? Don't they want the king killed too?

Aloud he shouts. "What is your business here priest?" and looks him in the eyes. or tries to.
Herowannabe
Board Ruler
Board Ruler

Post by Herowannabe » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:26 pm

FYI I went ahead and took care of the damage from the inquisitor's attack (2), which at your current health is enough to give you a serious burden. I also adjusted your resources, which I'm pretty sure you should have recovered ages ago.

Return to “Fishrage”