Brass 3
Duralumin 3
Iron 3

Homeland
-Malwish Technologist
-Air Crew
-Cold-blooded

Equipment
(PPP) Universal metalmind - Grants Brass, Duralumin and Iron Feruchemy; contains 25 charges of warmth and empty 25-charge Duralumin and Iron metalminds
(P) Misting vial - Contains 3 charges of Iron
(P) Airship Toolbox - Tool; Basic tools for repairing an airship
(P) Lockpicks - Tool; Useful when picking locks

Appearance: A dark, corseted hooded robe from which gazes a complex wooden mask. Thin leather gloves more to mask the hands than protect them. Sturdy boots.

Tragedy: My love saw me only as a metalborn to be revered, not a woman to be wooed

Destiny: To study the sciences of this strange northern land

AP: 2
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 am

Resiliences
7/7 Health
6/6 Reputation
9/9 Willpower

Charges
25/25 Connection
25/25 Warmth
0/25 Weight
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 am

Backstory

Day 1
The voyage begins! Let this serve as a journal of my private thoughts concerning my travels.

As per the most holy Firemother's instructions, I am serving on an journey to the lands of the northern barbarians. The crew have shown an appropriate level of deference to my divine eminence, though at times this has interfered with my work. It is tolerable.

My objective remains, as per my petition to she of the divine and life-giving warmth, to obtain knowledge of the sciences of the barbarians. Though they are of course inferior to the great designs of our mighty Sovereign, the stories of the forerunners suggest they are quite potent.

Day 2
The thing that frustrates me most about air travel is the constant reminder that it depends on Pushing rather than Pulling. My power is great and fearsome, and steeped in utility and the extension of the individual mind, but all that seems worthless in the face of what someone who can Push achieves. I should figure out a way to craft an Aircraft which functions better with my own divine blessing.

On an unrelated note I had an amusing idea. I'm going to borrow a Primer when we arrive at our destination, and use it to create a vortex of power. The thought of hostile barbarians flung into a Singularity made me giggle despite myself. I can't believe I've never tried that before!

Day 4
One of the passengers, a Confectioner of the Shafan, fascinated me. She had a remarkable grasp of the Northern Tongue (Skaa? Is that what they call it?). My own efforts haven't borne much fruit. Perhaps the nomadic nature of her people grants her a greater facility with language.

Day 7
I meditated on the duality of Jaggenmire today, and wondered if the people of the North could represent something similar in conjunction with the peoples of the South. They are different to us, yet there is a oneness. They are maskless like our foes, but we are to ally with them. They have a preponderance of Fotenstall, thicker even than our most noble bloodlines, but lack an understanding of the Sciences of our great Sovereign. Moreover, their great numbers appear to have somehow affected the esteem the people have for them.

It is a flawed analogy, but I can't help but think our peoples will be greater for this "alliance". What gives me pause, though, is that knowledge is easily transferred, the power of the blood less so. What edge do we have when they know what we know?

Day 8
I have arrived at a potential solution to yesterday's conundrum. In truth it had crossed my mind earlier, but the implications were unsettling: assimilation. Perhaps if the Great Ones of our land were to seduce the Metalborn of their land we could strengthen our own people's divine blood. Some would inevitably fall in with their ranks, but on the balance adding Metalborn to our genetic pool will have a far greater impact than adding some of ours to their pool.

There is the risk, however, that we will lose our distinctiveness as a people, though of what value is that truly when measured against the very fragments of the divine?

Perhaps I will find a metalborn in this land amenable to my advances, and objectives, though I suspect the Wondrous Firemother would think ill of risking my mind falling into the hands of the barbarians. The risk shall have to be carefully calculated.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:11 am

I suppose I should pop in here to say that this character is approved (so far). You should probably start filling in the traits and props though, and spend AP.

Also, despite what Masks of the Past says, your duralumin-mind should start out full, and you tap it in order to Connect to the land you're visiting and communicate with the people there. That's how it works in Bands of Mourning (they got it backwards in MotP). :roll:
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Kadrok » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. Will it work the same way that Brass tapping to keep warm works for Malwish, as in, the tapping is so negligible that you don't have to spend charges?

EDIT: Getting there. Still working on Traits and backstory. What date and time are we doing the Skype again? I need to put in on my calendar so I don't double book.
Kadrok
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Postby Herowannabe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Yeah, in the short term I’m not going to worry about tracking Brass or Duralumin. As far as I’m concerned as long as you simply have them on your person you’ll be fine, and then if you want to use any of the normal feruchemical benefits for tapping then we’ll track charges for that.

Now if we ever have a long-term adventure, like something that runs for weeks or months (in game) then we’ll probably track charges. Probably something like 1 charge per day to get by.
Herowannabe
Head Narrator
Head Narrator

Return to The Crew