Phy: 7 -- Res: 2/2 -- Hea: 9/9

Cha: 2 -- Inf: 3/3 -- Rep: 5/5

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 4/4 -- Wil: 9/9
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Understand Human Culture
Profession: Steward
Specialty: Stealth
Feature: Long-arms
Personality: Serious
PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)
InventoryInventoryInventoryTin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Red - The Gray Mist

Post by Mac » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Concept: Sneaky Koloss-blood

Crew:
Name: Red
Cause:
Target:
Method:

Race: Koloss-Blood
Sex: Male
Height: 150cm
Weight: 91kg

Code: Select all

Attributes (Average) Standings (Weak) Resiliences
Physique: 7          Resources: 2     Health: 9
Charm: 2             Influence: 3     Reputation: 5
Wits: 5              Spirit: 4        Willpower: 9

Traits
Drive: Understand Human Culture
Feature: Shaman Tattoos
Other Traits:

Burdens:

Tragedy:

Destiny:

To advice his chief in the ways of the humans

Secrets known:

Powers:

Koloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Massive Jump: Your leg muscles are even more powerful than the rest of your body. You can jump 10 feet up or 15 feet horizontally from a standing start. If you have a running start, you can jump 15 feet up or 30 feet horizontally. You can also fall up to 15 feet without harm and subtract 1 point from all damage you take from falling.

Equipment:
Tin Misting Vial (P)
Sheathknives (P) (Dmg +1 Touch/Touch, Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves.)

Advancements: 0
Out Of Character: Click to revealShow
+1 Physique
+1 Physique
Last edited by Mac on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Mac

asr :

PowersPowersPowersKoloss-Blood (+1 to Physique, +2 dice in rolls involving physical strength)

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Tin-ker (By using your finely-honed senses, you can detect structural and manufacturing defects in a mechanical object or device, allowing you to quickly disable it. While burning Tin, the Difficulty of all rolls to disable simple objects such as a locks, door hinges, or pulleys is reduced by 2, while the Difficulty of rolls to disable more complex objects such as guns, automobiles, or electrical systems is reduced by 1. In either case, this Difficulty cannot be reduced below 1.)

Re: Red - The Gray Mist

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 am

Red was chosen as a very young child to one day replace the tribe's Shaman. At the age of 12, instead of taking the usual test for spikes, a young Shaman goes on a vision quest to gain wisdom. When it is time for the Shaman to pass on her spikes, her heir returns and takes them up.

With humans encroaching, it was decided that rather than seek wisdom in the solitude of the barren wastes, he would seek it instead deep in the heart of human lands. His mission is to learn all there is to know of human culture and politics, so he can advice the next generation's chief and keep the tribe and their lands safe without resorting to war with the humans.

He is a curious outcast amid the koloss-blooded population of Elendel; they are all either those who have failed the test, or those who chose not to take spikes and rejected the path of the Koloss. He is viewed with a frustrating cocktail of emotions, frustration, envy, anger, respect, hope, regret. For his part, his feelings towards those who have been rejected is pity and a touch of disdain, and to those who rejected the tribe is a touch of hostility, yet respect for being true to themselves. He makes it a point of trying to be polite and stay on good terms, but there is always a wall there.

In Elendel, the life of a criminal suits him. The high risk, high reward occupation provides him with the funds to get by for rare work, leaving him free for the study that is his mission. As a koloss-blood tineye, he is much sought after, as both look-out and muscle in one. He views human laws as nice starting points, but respects those who have the strength to forge their own path. He does tend to look down on the ones who prey on the weak and innocent, though the "tough love" atmosphere and clashes with other gangs or occasionally conners feels right and natural to him.

His skin is predominantly gray and dark blue; unusually in a koloss-blood, the marbling of his skin has a tendency to look like overlapping waves, or the flowing rivers of mist.

At one point, he justified taking a break from normal humans to study the terris specifically because of their revered status with the koloss tribes, and actually spent some time learning the trade of being a classic steward. What better way to study the rulers of the humans than by standing, unnoticed, at their right shoulder?
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Post by Sir Jerric » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:52 am

Nice backstory. Grant is a great deal more law-abiding than Red, but they can probably find a way to get along. For now.
Mac wrote:Height: 150cm
Weight: 91kg
However, I'm really wondering at these figures. 4 foot 11 inches is petite for a human and mutant for a Koloss-blood, particularly by age 17. 200 pounds is reasonable, if Red is thinner than average. [See Alloy supplement, page 146]
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Post by Mac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 pm

I was basing it off Tarson in the books, who was also koloss-blooded and near the same age. He was very short, and Wax mentioned something about how even koloss-blood keep growing their whole life long. At 17, Red would be pretty short, I think.

I actually thought 200 lb was pretty dense for someone that height. He's got very long arms, and though he looks somewhat scrawny, he is proportionally more muscular than most people, and muscles are dense.

As for criminality... well, to channel Nanny Ogg, Red doesn't "think" criminal. He doesn't put as much store by "human" laws, but he's not one of those people who gets a legitimate thrill from breaking the law. He understands it's convenient to follow them without a very good reason, and obeys a more vague, general law.

But you're right, if Grant is especially law-abiding, he's likely much more abiding than Red. Doesn't preclude him, I think, from hiring a wall-scaling tineye for a little investigative reporting, right? He's not breaking any laws...
Sir Jerric

Name: Lestopher Grant

asr :
Phy: 4 -- Res: 4/4 -- Hea: 8/8

Cha: 4 -- Inf: 2/2 -- Rep: 6/6

Wit: 5 -- Spi: 6/6 -- Wil: 11/11
TraitsTraits and BurdensTraits & BurdensDrive: Seeking adventure
Profession: Broadsheet editor
Specialty: Getting out again
Feature: Notices everything
Personality: Dour

Other Traits:
Good in a scrap
PowersPowersPowers(Gun Stunt) - Quicker Draw (Quick Draw without penalty; choose Attr. in duels)
(Gun Stunt) - Point Blank (min Close->min Striking; pistol melee +1 dam. @Touch/Touch)
InventoryInventoryInventory(p) Sterrion 36 revolver (+2 damage; 6 shots; Close/Medium)
(p) Hunting Knife (+2 damage; Touch/Striking)
(p) Bulletproof Vest (-2 physical damage)
(p) Rope and grapple

satm_ap: 1

Post by Sir Jerric » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm

I thought these might fit your character, so in case you are interested in swapping out at some point:
Skaa:Tin & Ash, pg.97 wrote:Sheathknives Props:1 Difficulty:1 Damage:+1 Range:Touch / Touch
Thin knives which are easily concealed in sleeves or other clothing
Mac

asr :

Allomantic Tin 5

Stunts:

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 am

So, the Tin-ker stunt says that I use it to "disable" a lock. Does that mean I can simply unlock it, so that it can be re-locked and no one will ever know I was there? Or does disable mean I actually just break the pieces so it no longer functions as a lock, and the next guard who wonders why the door is open and the knob is across the hall will raise the alert?

Which is fine; I don't mean to harsh on the Stunt. I'm just not sure if it was intended as a stunt for a sneakthief like myself, or for a gremlin saboteur style character. If it's not meant for my type of character, there are several other Stunts I could simply take instead that I think are more geared toward the style of character I intend to play.
bobbyboone

Narrator

Post by bobbyboone » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am

I think I would rule that disabling a lock is breaking it.

Return to “Character Sheets”